Bon Voyage: 28 Travel Gifts for the Jetsetter
The HOLIDAZE have arrived. With just two (yes, two) weeks ’til Christmas, we’ve gone into full-on elf mode here at Brit + Co, rounding up all the latest and greatest gift ideas. And since you’re bound to have a few globetrotters on your holiday gift list, we’ve put together the ultimate jetsetter gift guide. Check out our 28 fab finds, from carry-on-friendly stocking stuffers to first-class splurges — any one of them is sure to give your favorite world traveler major wanderlust.
calendar over every month is bound to inspire some new bucket list destinations.
2. BAGGU ($7-$12): BAGGU doesn’t just make incredibly useful shoulder bags, backpacks, totes and other travel essentials — they make them in the cutest patterns and colors ever.
4. Drawstring Travel Bag Set ($42): Ever had a TSA agent rifle through your undies in front of the whole security line? Yeah, it’s about as fun as it sounds. Cotton bags like these will serve as double duty on a trip, keeping your intimates out of sight while separating clean and dirty laundry.
5. One Love Organics Travel Kit ($67): Anyone else have major skin problems after every flight? *raises hand* A mini facial (minus the spa price) is what’s needed. This organic kit comes with a foaming cleanser, scrub and masque, waterless balm and skin-friendly shammy.
efficient way of packing toiletries.. This beautiful 2-piece set will protect your toothbrush, eye mask, and other bits and bobs.
No one wants to be that lost tourist looking at a giant map, but we’ve all been there, and you’ve gotta get around somehow. That’s why these waterproof and resistant maps, available in 40 cities, are so smart. Take a quick peek at where you’re going, then shove it back in your pocket before anyone catches you.
sweatpants. They have a pintuck detail to provide structure and a slimming elastic waistband for extra comfort.
10. Travel Hoodie Pillow ($20): To complete the airplane wardrobe, throw on this work of genius. Add some headphones and a snug eye mask to shut out the world around you – it’s pretty much the perfect economy-class sleeping aid.
11. Bootie Pack ($132): Versatility is a major benefit to any travel item. Convert this one from a cute mini backpack in the airport to a shoulder tote for dinner.
12. Marvy Compression Socks ($26): These ain’t your grandma’s compression socks. Marvy specializes in super bright colors and patterns that give a serious visual upgrade to support hosiery, which is essential on long-haul flights.
beachy vacation locks are one thing, but combing through them is another. This is the ideal stocking stuffer for the traveler with enviable hair, to help her protect her ends by gently working through knots.
14. Time’s Arrow Travel Wallet ($295): If you’re looking to splurge on your favorite sightseer, gift her this eye-catching goatskin wallet. The leather interior features tons of slots and compartments — perfect for a day of galavanting (or shopping) around town.
15. Go Clean Beach Set ($66): A beach vacation usually ends in dumping an inexplicable amount of sand out of the suitcase… then still finding some left over. These handy nylon bags keep the main culprits separate until laundry day (we’re looking at you, swimsuits and sandals).
18. J.Crew Abingdon Travel Kit ($41 with code “GIVETHIS”): Don’t forget the dudes on your list, who’ll appreciate a nice, simple and quality dopp kit. It’s made of canvas and leather and has two compartments, perfect for keeping the razor away from the toothbrush.
19. Cork Luggage Tags ($21): For the world traveler who likes to stand out, these quirky cork luggage tags will help them do just that.
20. Lay-n-Go Cosmetic Bag ($35): File this under “Why didn’t we think of that??” Simply plop the 20” case down, beautify, then pull the cord to close it shut. No Tetris-style repacking, no digging through to the bottom of the bag, just perfect travel convenience.
21. Travelon Cleaning Sheets ($6): Believe it or not, you can still stay fresh without all those space-hogging toiletries. The secret is in dissolvable sheets, whether it’s laundry, shampoo, soap or shaving cream. They’re not liquids, so they pose no problem during security, and they’re biodegradable so you can use them while camping.
22. Kate Spade Travel Umbrella ($58): Not every vacation is sunshine and beaches. This one goes out to all those globetrotters who tend to travel to wetter climates.
23. Lipstick + Handbag Tidy All ($125): If you’re looking for a fancy organizer to give to someone special, we’re voting for this cute structured case. It has lizard-printed Italian calf leather on the outside, grosgrain on the inside, and enough space for lipsticks, highlighters, earbuds and any other little treasures they’ll want on their travels.
24. M.R.K.T. Martin Travel Bag ($119): This messenger-style wool bag would make a terrific overnighter for a guy or a gal.
25. Sephora Favorites Perfume Sampler For Her ($24): Perfume is a popular present to give but also a very tough one to buy. A sampler set of different brands like this takes the guesswork out of a pampering gift, while the “scent certificate” for a rollerball of their choosing makes for the perfect carry-on accessory.
26. Patchwork Highway Bag ($125): Pockets here, pockets there, pockets everywhere on this nylon bag, making it ideal for both the plane and sightseeing.
everywhere, man, I’ve been everywhere… This map is a blank slate and a great motivator for planning trips to faraway lands.
28. Bose QuietComfort 25 Noise-Canceling Headphones ($299): Let’s get real – Bose headphones are expensive, but they are some of the best noise-canceling ones out there. And when your favorite jet setter is trapped between a baby and a loud eater on their next flight, they will be so very, very happy you didn’t cheap out.