15 Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes to Warm the Soul
Newsflash: it’s (finally) getting cold outside. Even though we’ve loved this extra-long summer, we have one thing on our minds (besides a new fall coat) — a warm and comforting bowl of chicken noodle soup. Is there anything better to warm our bods and battle the cold your coworker gave you? We collected 15 amazing chicken noodle soups, from the traditional American recipe to a herbaceous variety from Vietnam. Warm your soul and your belly by whipping up these must-eat recipes.
1. Easy Chicken Noodle Soup: If you’re looking for a traditional chicken noodle soup that tastes as good as your mom’s, but doesn’t take nearly as long to make, look no further than this simple “shortcut” recipe. Instead of starting from scratch with a whole chicken, this version uses chicken thighs and chicken stock to get the same rich flavor and meaty chicken shreds. It takes less than an hour to whip up and will make you feel good instantly, both inside and out. (via The Kitchn)
2. Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup: If you’re feeling extra zesty and looking for a soup with a bit more kick, try this Mexican variation. The tomatoes, lime, cumin and coriander add an extra level of deliciousness. (via Food 52)
3. Pho Ga: In Vietnam, families enjoy bowls of pho for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It’s a well-balanced meal, providing the body with all the necessary minerals to help maintain its fluid balance. Typically they use beef, but this lighter, healthier version opts for chicken. And it’s gluten-free!. (via Southern Boy Dishes)
4. Chicken Udon: This Japanese twist on chicken noodle soup uses udon, green onions, ginger and Sriracha to create a delicious Asian-flavored broth. We suggest making extra — you’ll probably want seconds. Or thirds. (via Life Ambrosia)
5. Italian Chicken Soup: If you’re in the mood for a heartier, creamier soup, this Italian take from Pioneer Woman will absolutely deliver. She uses heavy cream and parmesan cheese because, well, why not? (via Pioneer Woman)
6. Chicken Sopas: This traditional filipino recipe derives from the western version of chicken noodle soup, but uses different ingredients like condensed milk and boiled eggs. It’s a definite favorite among kids, so if you’re cooking for younger palates, consider serving up this version to them. (via Ang Sarap)
7. Persian Chicken Noodle Soup: Fresh herbs, like parsley and cilantro, and fresh vegetables, like turnips and celery, add wonderful Middle Eastern flavors to this light and brothy soup.
8. Asian Chicken Noodle Soup: This recipe’s use of bok choy, ginger and green onions combined with peanut oil, soy sauce and sesame oil create a mouthwatering bowl of savory and sweet goodness. It’s the perfect dish if you (and your palate) are feeling adventurous in the kitchen. (via Taste.com)
9. Zucchini Chicken Noodle Soup: If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious dish to warm you up, but don’t have a lot of time to cook, you must check this recipe out. It uses zucchini strands in place of real noodles and takes approximately 20 minutes to make. Seriously. What more could you ask for in a soup? (via Inspiralized)
10. Thai Coconut Chicken Soup: For a soup that packs a whole lot of flavor, consider whipping up this Thai variation. The mouthwatering broth is infused with spicy ginger, coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce and red curry paste. (via Blogging Over Thyme)
11. Healthy Chicken Noodle Soup: If you’re the kind of person who stocks bunches of kale in the fridge, this lean and fragrant recipe is just for you. It’s okay, we’re the same kind of person. There’s no judgment here. (via Daily Gourmet UK)
12. Chicken Ramen Soup: This filling and flavorful soup is perfect if you’re feeling extra hungry. It’s loaded with vegetables and flavor — two of the most important traits of a well-rounded soup. (via The Daily Meal)
13. Cuban Chicken Soup: This Cuban chicken soup calls for a lot of ingredients you already have in your pantry (with the exception of saffron). It also claims to “cure all ailments.” File under: delicious home remedies. (via I Was Born to Cook)
14. Rosemary and Lemon Chicken Minestrone Soup: Let’s say you’re feeling lazy, but you’re craving something home-cooked, hearty and delicious (we’ll admit, this is a more than familiar feeling). This savory minestrone soup takes less than 30 minutes to cook, which is all it needs to develop a ton of flavor. (via The Kitchn)
15. Mediterranean Chicken Bean Pasta Soup: There are two important things to know about this soup: 1. It’s healthy and hearty, using cannellini beans, celery, carrots and tomatoes. 2. It’s quick and easy — because it uses rotisserie chicken and requires a lot of inactive simmering, you basically have to toss the ingredients in the pot and let it do its thing. (via Cooking Canuck)
What is your favorite kind of chicken noodle soup? Tell us in the comments below!