Love Your Lentils: 18 More Delicious Recipes
Lentils are just about the easiest way to eat nutritious and keep things delicious. Filled to the brim with dietary fiber, protein and iron, they’re really just here to help you out. Super food? Try super awesome food. From dumplings to quiche, here are 18 lovely lentil-filled recipes that you never saw coming. But they’ll probably end up making an appearance in your kitchen pretty soon.
5. Red Lentil Dal: Hesitant to try out Indian food? Don’t be! It’s actually a lot easier to make than it seems, and when you’re in your own kitchen, you get to control the spice level ;) (via La Fuji Mama)
7. Baked Red Lentil Falafel Salad: Like our friend hummus, falafel is a tasty Middle Eastern staple. And while it tastes great in a pita pocket, why not mix it up and add it to a salad. (via The Kitchn)
8. Lentil + Quinoa Chili: Quinoa is another one of those things that tastes so good, you forget it’s healthy. And here’s a protein-packed trio of quinoa, lentils and beans for ya. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
10. Smokey Red Lentil Hummus: So you decided to make a pita sandwich with those falafels after all, eh? Here’s a delicious and beautifully colored recipe for some smokey hummus to add to it. (via Kashi)
13. Lentil + Vegetable Quiche: One of the things we love most about quiche is that it’s way easier to make than it sounds. Serve this lentil and vegetable version at your next get-together and all your friends will be in awe of your amazing talents. (via Healthy Home Cooking)
Are you mental for lentils yet? Which recipe will you try next? Drop us a line in the comments below!