20 Warming Chili Recipes to Make for Dinner
There’s a slight chill in the air, and all you want to do is snuggle up with a giant fuzzy blanket and a hand-knit sweater. Sure, working and being a responsible adult might make that difficult from time to time, but that’s where dinner comes in to save the day… er, night. Chili is the perfect food for autumn, soothing and rich for those cold nights, without being overly heavy. And the best part is, you could probably make all of these ahead of time, then heat them up right before serving. Or cook them in your slow cooker all day. When you come home, your apartment will smell heavenly, and you won’t have to wait before digging in. Here are 20 super easy and deliciously comforting chili recipes to get cooking!
1. Kale and Bean Chili: Too much kale from the farmers market? Mix it up into this richly textured and luscious vegetarian chili, which (aside from the kale) can easily be made with ingredients you already have in your pantry. (via Fuss Free Cooking)
4. Spicy White Chili: No one says chili has to be tomato based. This deliciously unusual mix uses oregano, white beans, green chilies and chicken or turkey for a lighter take on the classic. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
5. Smokey Chipotle Black Bean Chili With Vegetable Salsa: Boost the spice (and health factor) with this veggie packed recipe. Top with more crisp vegetables for crunch and freshness. (via Lisa is Cooking)
7. Chicken Chili With Roasted Corn and Jalapeños: Summer corn season may be over, but that doesn’t have to stop you from making this flavor-packed spicy bowl of rich goodness. Frozen or canned corn will definitely do the trick in a pinch. (via Pinch of Yum)
10. Classic Slow Cooker Chili: Make sure you brown your meat and aromatics before throwing everything into the slow cooker. Then just walk away, and come back to dinner in eight to ten hours. (via Gimme Some Oven)
11. Hearty Italian Chicken and Autumn Veggie Stew: Think of this thick, chunky stew as an Italian version of chili. Gnocchi take the place of chewy beans, and that’s totally okay with us. (via The Cozy Apron)
15. Buffalo Chicken Chili: Need a hearty main for the big game that’s easy to whip up? Turn everyone’s favorite (extremely messy) snack into a hearty chili for dinnertime over football. (via Gimme Some Oven)
16. Tamale Pie: If you’ve never had this, think of it as a giant chili bake topped with a warm cornbread pudding. The outsides get crispy and delicious, while the inside stays super soft and tender. (via Bon Appetit)
17. Butternut Squash Chili with Avocado: Top this rich autumny chili (which makes full use of fall produce like squash and peppers) with the last of the summery avocados for a bowl that blends the seasons. (via Cookie and Kate)
So tell us: Are you going to whip up one of these warm, comforting bowls this season? Tell us your favorite chili recipes in the comments below!