So you just got engaged and are over the freakin’ moon excited about everything wedding coming your way. But before we get talking about wedding dress trends and ways to add white to spring and summer nuptials, there’s something else that needs to come first: the engagement announcement. Sure, you’ve let your parents and besties know, but now it’s time to let the rest of your social world in on your big news. There’s no better way to share your happy news than with an adorable Instagram photo that will forever commemorate that precious moment (and show off your new bling, of course). To get you pumped, here are 18 of the most unique Instagram engagement announcements to *ooh* and *ahh* over.
1. Take Me by the Hand: What a sweet way to let your friends know that now the both of you will be hand-in-hand to face anything that heads your way! It’s a creative way to feature the location you got engaged. (via @theeveryhostess)
5. Talk to the Hand: This one’s great if you’re too busy, um… showing how much you appreciate your future partner in life ;) Let your friends know what you said with a handwritten note. (via @weddingdaydiamonds)
6. Tell It to the Kids: If you’re a teacher, let your students in on your happy moment and show your friends how they react. Hopefully, they’ll accept your name change graciously like this teacher’s students here. (via @miss5th)
8. Tie the Knot: This clever enactment of tying the knot is all kinds of perfect. There’s no better way to share this special moment than in your favorite album of memories — aka Instagram. (via @dandybby)
10. Wave to the Waves: If your boo proposed to you on the beach, snap a pic of your gorgeous new engagement ring and the beautiful shoreline. It might be too much beautiful for Instagram to handle. (via @nickielamanna)
12. Hold Them Close: Aside from her on-point mani, this engagement announcement is too sweet. Show off your stunning new engagement ring while holding your love close for this Instagram-worthy moment. (via @ashmckni)
13. There’s No Place like Home: …unless that place is Paris. If you have an upcoming vacay you’ll be spending with your favorite person, surprise them with a ring and show off your new engagement like this happy couple here. (via @miss_chelsx3)
14. Quote Your Favorite Artist: If the two of you share some serious love for the same artist or have a special song you call your own, have your friends hang some of your favorite lyrics on a banner before you get down on one knee. Seeing this bride’s reaction makes us want to shed a happy tear or two. (via @gabi_sousav)
15. Best Moments Collage: Too many sweet memories to choose from? Make a collage of your best moments leading to the engagement like this happy couple did! Your friends and family will love the chance to get a glimpse into one of the happiest moments of your life. (via @georgepressjewelers)
16. Stunning Backdrop: #NoFilterNeeded, especially when you get proposed to in a beautiful place like this lucky lady got in Iceland. If you were proposed to in a beautiful place, you can’t help but share that beautiful new memory with your closest friends and family. (via @jlhallinan)
Can’t get enough? Follow us on Instagram for more things engagement and wedding!