Get Your Gals Together for This Oh-So-Sweet Candy Charcuterie Board
On Valentine's Day, we sugar lovers try to stick to the three main food groups: candy, cookies, and chocolate. Though we'd happily celebrate the holiday by eating Oreos and Hershey's Lava Cake Kisses straight from the package, we thought we'd treat ourselves with a more polished presentation. Enter our candy charcuterie board: A pastel conglomeration of heart-shaped sweets. Read on for what we bought and how we arranged it, so you can create your own version of this sugar-loaded Galentine's Day party centerpiece.
Brit + Co's Valentine's Day candy charcuterie board
(Serves at least 10)
Recipe Notes: You can use any combination of candy, cookies, and chocolate you like. Just be sure to use a variety of textures and flavors, such as crunchy cookies, sour gummies, fluffy marshmallows, and gooey chocolate truffles. If you want to stick to a pastel color scheme, look for all things white chocolate and candy-coated.
- See's Candies Milk Chocolate Hearts ($8), Dark Chocolate Hearts ($8), Sour Hearts ($7), Hot Hearts ($7), and Deep Dark Chocolate Truffles ($8)
- Mike and Ike Passion Mix ($2)
- Reese's White Crème Peanut Butter Hearts ($4)
- Peeps Vanilla Crème Marshmallow Hearts ($42/24 packs) and Vanilla Crème Lovebird Lollipops ($3)
- Valentine's Day Peanut M&M's ($3)
- Pepperidge Farm Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies ($3)
- Hostess Donettes Powdered Mini Donuts ($2) and Bakery Petites in White Fudge Vanilla ($4)
- large chocolate bar, such as Hershey's Symphony ($2)
- white chocolate truffles, such as those in Trader Joe's 12 Tantalizing Truffles ($5)
- fresh strawberries, some plain and some covered in white chocolate and pink sprinkles
- yogurt-covered pretzels
- red sour belt
- vanilla-, strawberry-, or raspberry-flavored creme-filled sandwich cookies
- pastel-colored mini marshmallows
- flowers and confetti, for decoration
1. Arrange the board from the center outward. It helps to place the larger, plainly colored foods, such as cookies and donuts, first.
2. Next, fill in the spaces and edges with smaller, more colorful items like M&M's and Mike and Ike candies, scattering a few on the table for a waterfall effect.
3. Place flowers, confetti, and other decorations around the board, and serve immediately.
For more party-ready recipes, follow Brit + Co on Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Recipe and photo via Sara Cagle/Brit + Co)