These 12 Recipes Prove Vegans Do Pizza Just As Well
Smothered in tangy sauce, stretchy mozzarella, and your fave proteins and veggies, pizza is impossible to pass up. Even in the vegan world! Though dairy and meats are made out to be staple toppings, vegans have come up with inventive ways to bake up phenomenal pizzas with simple and fresh ingredients, plant-based proteins, and non-dairy cheese. Honestly speaking, these 12 recipes could charm even the most loyal of pepperoni lovers.
1. Vegan Green Tortilla Pizza With Avocado: If you don’t have time to whip up a crust, smear some cashew sauce onto a crispy tortilla and top it off with a mountain of greens including zucchini, peas, and creamy avocado. (via Green Evi)
2. Hemp Crust Veggie Pizza: This glorious from-scratch pizza is made, baked, and ready to eat in just 45 minutes! The crust is made with wholesome hemp seeds, then smothered with tomato sauce, tempeh, dairy-free cheese, and fresh veggies. (via Wholesome Patisserie)
4. Kale Pesto Pizza: Pesto and vegan goat cheese get along swimmingly in this recipe, but this pie is made complete with the addition of tangy sun-dried tomatoes, meaty mushrooms, and briny pickled peppers. (via Parsley Vegan)
5. Vegan Caprese Pizza: If your heart belongs to a simple Caprese-style pizza boasting fresh basil and juicy tomatoes, this has your name on it; the pillowy cashew mozzarella will blow your vegan mind. (via Blissful Basil)
6. Gluten-Free Vegan Broccoli Pizza Crust and Green Pea Hummus: This masterpiece of a pizza pie brings a mouthwatering green pea pesto to a broccoli-based crust. (via Rise Shine Cook)
7. Spring Vegetable Flatbread Pizza: If you thought pizza needed cheese, think again — this crispy flatbread crust is topped with sauce and so many tasty vegetables, you won’t even miss the mozza. (via The Whinery)
9. Vegan Roasted Cauliflower BBQ Pizza: You certainly don’t need meat for BBQ goodness, and this recipe proves it by slathering the crust with a lip-smackin’ BBQ sauce and decorating it with tender roasted cauliflower and onions. (via This Savory Vegan)
10. Healthy Falafel Pizza: This beauty of a recipe brings all of our fave Mediterranean flavors together on a GF falafel crust. It’s healthy, tasty, and will easily become a regular on your plate. (via Catching Seeds)
11. Plant-Based Pizza: Tomatoes, fresh basil, nourishing kale, and eggplant bring wholesome flavors and a punch of nutrition to this pie. With a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of sea salt, you won’t even notice the absence of cheese. (via Starting With Plants)
12. Mediterranean Pesto Palm Pizza: Hearts of palm make an appearance in this recipe, along with tender artichoke hearts, briny olives, roasted peppers, tomatoes, and yummy soy cheese. (via Sincerely Katerina)
For more dreamy vegan nosh, follow us on Pinterest.