12 Vegetarian Buffalo-Flavored Dishes for Game Day
It’s football season! Nothing says fall quite like watching football with your friends and family, surrounded by autumn decor, spiced cider and wine and perhaps a cozy fire. But let’s face it: Football food isn’t exactly KNOWN for its health factor. There are lots of ways to indulge healthily, whether it’s eating tiny taco bites or leaving off the sauce. But what if you’re skipping the meat altogether? Not to worry — these 12 completely vegetarian Buffalo-flavored treats will help you eat like a blue-blooded football fan, minus the meat.
1. Buffalo Falafel Pitas With Garlic Blue Cheese Fries: Talk about gourmet! This recipe isn’t your traditional medium for Buffalo sauce, but we’re totally loving it. Bonus health points if you bake the falafels rather than fry them. (via Half Baked Harvest)
2. Buffalo Chickpea Pizza With White Garlic Sauce: This completely vegan pizza is topped with chickpeas and drizzled with white garlic sauce and celery “ranch.” If you’re 100% vegan and concerned about the Buffalo sauce, don’t be — the name comes from the sauce’s origins (Buffalo, New York), NOT the animal. (via Vegan Richa)
3. Buffalo White Bean Quinoa Bites: These quinoa bites are totally yummy and super healthy. They’re gluten-free and can also be made vegan by substituting Daiya cheese for the mozzarella. Pro Tip: Dip these in Greek yogurt rather than sour cream for a high-protein, lower-fat alternative. If you’re vegan, opt for coconut yogurt or a vegan ranch alternative. (via Food Doodles)
4. Buffalo Mac & Cheese: Be warned: This option is definitely not vegan. Nor is it exactly a diet food. But it’s SO VERY GOOD! This vegetarian version of Buffalo mac and cheese is the perfect comfort food for cool autumn days or evenings when you’re watching the big game. (via Krista and Michele)
5. Buffalo Chickpea Lettuce Wraps: It’d be difficult to eat too many of these, seeing as they’re both low-carb AND vegetarian. They can be vegan too, if you sub out the mayo for Vegenaise. (via Delish Knowledge)
6. Buffalo Roasted Chickpeas: Buffalo-inspired recipes don’t have to be complicated. This super simple recipe proves it! Just combine Buffalo sauce with butter, salt and some chickpeas, throw ’em in the oven and bake. Pretty soon you’ll have a totally delish vegetarian snack to nom on during the game. (via The Two Bite Club)
7. Buffalo Chickpea Sweet Potato Burgers With Whipped Feta Garlic Sauce: Noticing a theme here? Chickpeas are FANTASTIC for pairing with Buffalo sauce, and these vegetarian burgers prove it. Make sure not to sub out the chia seeds, though. They act as the binder in these burgers to keep everything together. (via Veggie and the Beast)
8. Vegetarian Buffalo “Chicken” Dip: Vegetarians can dip right along with their meat-eating peers thanks to this delicious bean-based recipe. All you need is some cream cheese, cheddar, Buffalo sauce and white beans… and of course, the chips! (via The Wannabe Chef)
9. Crispy Buffalo Cheddar Potato Nachos: Who needs ground beef on their nachos when you can have THIS? These super cheesy, gourmet-style nachos are made with thinly sliced potatoes, topped with sharp cheddar and gorgonzola and flavored with homemade Buffalo sauce, avocado, cilantro and green onion. (via Half Baked Harvest)
10. Oven Baked Buffalo Cauliflower: These light and tasty cauliflower bites are a great alternative to chips. Pro tip: As an alternative to store-bought sauce, you can also just mix 1/3 cup melted butter with 2/3 cup hot sauce. (via Spend With Pennies)
11. Buffalo Quinoa Balls With Ranch Dipping Sauce: How do you take the concept of Buffalo-slathered meat dipped in ranch and make it completely vegan, you ask? By swapping out the meat for quinoa balls and the ranch for a cashew-based sauce. (via V Nutrition)
12. Sriracha Buffalo Sauce With Grilled Cauliflower: This recipe is served with grilled cauliflower, but your meat-eating friends can drizzle it over their chicken wings too. The secret ingredient (other than Sriracha) is apple cider vinegar — so we’re considering this stuff a health food. (via Pickled Plum)
Follow us on Pinterest for more veg-friendly recipes and hacks!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.