We’re Totally Hot for These 19 Vegetarian Soups
We have an important announcement to make: Soup season is officially here. With the brisk winter weather, there’s nothing better than a bowl (or two) of yumminess to warm you right up. Especially when it’s packed full of veggies and other goodness. Vegetarians (and meat lovers, we’re talking to you too), you’re gonna want to keep reading. We’ve found 19 oh-so-delicious and oh-so-vegetarian soups that’ll help you master the art of soup-ing. Heck, we even have the perfect bowl for you to enjoy your victory. She soups, she scores.
3. Lasagna Soup: Comfort food in soup form? Best idea ever. While this recipe does call for sausage and chicken stock, it’s easy enough to substitute vegan sausage and vegetable broth. (via A Farmgirl’s Dabbles)
4. Pumpkin Ale Beer Cheese Soup with Sharp Cheddar and Gruyère: Want to score major points with the men in your life? Your boyfriend, dad or brothers will devour this delicious cheesy beer soup. They may even ask you for the recipe — it’s that good. (via Kitchen Treaty)
8. Lemony Leek & Mushroom Soup: A Greek-inspired soup that’s filled with mushrooms, leeks and tomatoes. Say no more. But, if we were to say more… we would say to add some beans if you’re feeling adventurous. (via Veg Kitchen)
9. Red Lentil and Vegetable Soup with Chive Yogurt: We suggest using veggie instead of chicken broth to enjoy this hearty soup complete with a dollop of chive yogurt. We’re drooling just thinking about it. (via Bon Appétit)
12. Ginger Coconut Milk Soup: Here, vegetables are marinated in a ginger-coconut broth and served over egg noodles. It’s refreshingly delish and like nothing we’ve ever seen before. (via 101 Cookbooks)
13. Asian-Style Dumpling Soup: You can either go all the way with this soup and make the dumplings from scratch, or you can use your favorite vegetarian-approved, pre-made version. No judgment here. (via A Beautiful Mess)
17. Spiced Red Lentil, Tomato and Kale Soup: Lentils are a staple in veggie soups. Not only do they fill you up, they also give you a much-needed protein punch. Score two points for the vegetarian. (via Oh She Glows)
Did any of these soups get you all hot and bothered? Let us know in the comments below.