15 Instagrams That Will Give You Wanderlust of the Water Variety
Water, water, everywhere — especially on our Instagram feeds. With summer travel in full (and sunny) swing, we’re wanting to splish, splash the day away. Who’s with us? But we’re not talking about epic pool parties; we have a case of around-the-world water wanderlust. Lucky for us, we’re not the only ones. Check out these 15 water-lovin’ Instagrams whose snaps score lots of double taps.
1. @scubapro: Being a professional scuba diver sounds like the best job ever. Live vicariously through these deep-diving pros with this account that’s filled with amazing shark snaps, shipwrecks and everything else under the sea.
2. @corey_wilson: When you’re a professional photographer for a popular surfing magazine, you know you’ll have a big following on Instagram. Corey Wilson’s photos capture the true art of surfing and the laid-back vibe of the culture.
3. @cillajohnson: She has the selfie stick snaps on lock, and we’re totally jealous because ours never look that good. This adventure-seeker practically lives in the water, and you’ll get front-row views of her underwater shots and surfboard snaps. Seriously, we want her life.
4. @run2themountains: This stay-at-home mom-turned-nature-lovin’ photographer has us in awe of her feed that’s filled with gorgeous pics that would please Mother Nature herself.
5. @cdimitrius: Shark Week has nothin’ on Cristian Dimitrius. This Emmy-winning cinematographer and photographer is wild at heart and captures underwater pics like nobody else could. Dive in, ’cause his Instagram account is breathtaking.
6. @alexstrohl: Looking for shot after shot of OMG mountains, lakes and… anything else in this big, beautiful world? Alex Strohl’s account is the destination for you. This adventure photographer makes us want to travel to every place he snaps.
7. @chrisburkard: From TED talks to gorgeous waves shots found within the pages of surf magazines, Chris Burkard is proof you can do anything you put your mind to. After all, he taught himself the art of photography. ‘Nough said.
8. @clarklittle: It’s a #fact that Hawaii is the ultimate playground for any water lover. Clark Little submerges himself, literally, in said playground to capture candid wave and wildlife shots. Even Starbucks is a fan, featuring some of his gorgeous work in their Hawaiian locations.
9. @waterlust: This environmental organization’s goal is to get everyone to think about the impact water has on them. Something to definitely think about as you scroll through all the incredible ocean pics on their feed.
10. @oceanconservancy: Doing good for the environment never looked so good. Ocean Conservancy is a nonprofit advocacy group dedicated to fighting the numerous threats to the oceans around the world. Their Instagram account shows the beautiful things they are fighting for (and then some).
11. @beau_johnston_photography: Capturing the power of the world’s waves seems like a difficult task, but Beau Johnston nails it every single time. Strong currents appear graceful, intense waves look totally surfable and his pics prove that no two waves are alike.
12. @noaa: This is the official Instagram of U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. That’s definitely a mouthful, but their feed is an eyeful of adorable wildlife shots.
13. @tiffpenguin: Life is one beautiful, water-filled adventure for this Instragrammin’ gal. She manages to find the most breathtaking, seemingly deserted places in the world and make you feel like you’re right there with her. What a good friend.
14. @ravenreviews: This Bay Area-based Instagrammer travels near and far to bring the nature to you. Follow her journey and let the wanderlust settle in.
15. @kirstinscholtz: A senior photographer at the World Surf League, this gal has a ‘gram that will feed your dream of becoming a surfer without having to practice for hours and hours a day.
Which Instagram account has the best water shots around? Tell us in the comments below.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)