18 Sweet Wedding Dessert Bar Ideas
Cookies, cakes, mini pies, pastries… With all the time you’ve spent dreaming up delicious goodies to serve during your wedding, it only makes sense to think just as hard about how to display them in a way that’s truly spectacular. Luckily, you’ll have plenty of food for thought when checking out these 18 sweet and stylish DIY wedding ideas and dessert bars. Whether you’re going for a look that’s rustic-chic, modern and minimalist or classically vintage, there’s something here to whet every creative bride’s appetite.
1. Old-Fashioned Pull Cart: Get the good times rolling by turning an old-fashioned pull cart into a delightful dessert table. With green garland trim and vintage serving stands, it’ll be a picture-perfect addition to your reception decor. (Photo via The Nichols)
2. Geometric Designs: Inspired by Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure, this colorful dessert display is all kinds of amazing. Want to capture the same fun vibe yourself? Hang geometric accent pieces above a table that’s topped with delicious desserts or sweet brunch treats. (Photo via Rodeo + Co Photography)
3. Wooden Wine Barrels: Vineyard weddings are always breathtakingly beautiful, especially when they feature wooden wine barrels as furniture and decor pieces. Use some to create interesting bar and dessert displays, then position a few more throughout the space as cocktail tables and flower stands. (Photo via Katie Jackson Photography)
4. Mint + Gold: For sweet yet striking style, go with a mint and gold color scheme, gilded fern backdrop and scalloped ombre cake. This unconventional look would work great for holiday season engagement parties or New Year’s Eve nuptials. (Photo via La Luz Photography)
5. Modern + Minimalist: As tempting as it can be to go all out with bold colors when decorating a bare space, many couples find that embracing a minimalist look can be just as intriguing. This industrial wedding, complete with a donut dessert bar, is an ideal example of the “less is more” concept. (Photo via Finch and Farrow)
6. Creative Breakfast Bar: Get your reception off to a mouthwatering start by presenting donuts, pastries and coffee on a basic wooden bar. Here, a chalkboard menu and newsprint signage add non-traditional touches. (Photo via Kirsten Julia Photography)
7. Rustic Romance: Whether you’re hosting a rustic wedding during the fall or a garden-inspired fete next spring, an eclectic, weathered-wood dessert bar definitely won’t disappoint. (Photo via AndySeo Studio)
8. Chic Shelving: Who knew simple shelving could ever look so chic? This is an especially great choice when you’ve got a lot of desserts and a limited amount of space. (Photo via Honey Honey Photography)
9. Feather Backdrop: Let pretty pastels lend feminine flair in a way that’s classy, not kiddy. Love the feather garland backdrop? Carry the look further by using one during the ceremony or adding individual plumes to your bouquet or updo. (Photo via Liz Banfield)
10. Woodland Wonder: Featuring moss, flowers, tree stumps and even a silver owl accent piece, this dessert display will make guests feel as if they’ve entered a whimsical wooded wonderland. (Photo via Jessica Charles Photography)
13. Marvelous Marquee: Mini pie pops are a guaranteed crowd-pleaser any time of year. Use a monogram marque to help light the way, and hang twinkle lights from trees to create an especially magical atmosphere. (Photo via This Love of Yours Photography)
15. Vintage Drawers: Stuck on what to give guests as favors? Fill apothecary jars with sweets and let friends take home their favorites. If you’re tight on space, open shelf drawers can provide extra display areas for candy bags and small desserts. (Photo via Eden Day Photography)
18. Antique Elegance: Marie Antoinette herself would fall head over heels in love with the exquisite and elegant styling seen here. Isn’t the lace overlay a romantic finishing touch? (Photo via Damaris Mia Photography)
Which dessert bar design do you love best? Share your thoughts below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)