All (Wedding) Caked Out? 20 Unconventional Dessert Ideas
We’re all about creative and colorful cakes, and we absolutely adore a stunning wedding cake. But there’s something to be said for nontraditional wedding desserts as well. Take for instance, interactive dessert tables: They’re a blast. And one-of-a-kind sweet treats –those are what are going to leave your guests oohing and awing. If you need further evidence of such delight, set your sights on these 20 sweet wedding-day treats.
2. Ice Cream Truck: We’re totally on board with food trucks showing up at the affair. Your guests will be so excited when they hear music from a vintage ice cream truck. And the best part is they can choose their flavor so it’s a win-win for everyone! (via Ruffled)
3. Cotton Candy: It’s sticky, sugary and brings back memories of your days at the carnival. There’s something sweet and whimsical about cotton candy. So when we saw this romantic table lined with it, we couldn’t wait to share. (via Paper and Home)
5. Macarons: The perfect bite! If you’re looking for a dainty dessert that’s light, airy and not doused in sugar, then macarons it is! Did we mention how pretty they are? Well, you can probably see that for yourselves. (via The Bridal Detective)
6. Candied Apples: If your wedding vision entails the words “relaxed” and “fun,” then you’ll love these. Not only are candied apples fun to eat, you can dip them, top them and serve them any way you like. We’re smitten. (via United With Love)
9. Rice Krispies: We all know it’s one of our favorite desserts, so serving it at your wedding only makes sense. And it’s possible to glam it up a bit with some florals. (via Mikaela Ruth)
11. Ice Cream Sandwiches: What better excuse to shove dessert down your throat at lightning speed than “Hey, it’s going to melt.” If you’re going to serve ice cream at your wedding, layer it with two cookies. For us, please. (via Project Wedding)
14. S’mores Bar: Those guests. They just come to your wedding and expect to be waited on hand and foot. Make ’em make their own dessert with a custom s’mores bar. We definitely encourage taking it a step further with flavored marshmallows and custom topping. (via Intimate Weddings)
Are you getting creative with a nontraditional dessert for your wedding? Share your ideas in the comments below!