36 White Elephant Gift Ideas Under $20 That Will Make You Look Super Clever
It’s December, and you know what that means — time to bust out the lists and get to shopping because you have a whole gaggle of random people to shop for. From gag gifts for your friends to gifts for your boss and coworkers, ’tis the season to stock up for every possible occasion, including our very personal fave — white elephant gifts! We’ve found some of the best (and most affordable!) white elephant gifts for anyone in your life, because who doesn’t love fun socks and dog butt magnets? Nobody, that’s who. Get ready, gifters, because there’s a white elephant in the room, and for once, it’s a good thing!
1. Glitter Christmas Light Up Flashing LED Sunglasses ($13): What lights up and will instantly turn you into the opposite of the Grinch? These sunglasses, that’s what!
2. Accoutrement Horse Head Mask ($22): We’re not horsing around… this mask will be a big hit.
3. The Mountain Fanny Pack Kittens T-Shirt ($16): Kitties AND a fanny pack. All in one shirt!
4. IdolLeisure Larry David Pin ($13): For all the Curb fans out there *and* anyone who can appreciate TV’s most awkward grump.
5. Haute Soiree If You Can Read This Funny Socks ($11): Every vino enthusiast will love this clever and cozy way to guarantee a refill.
6. FREAKER Unicorn on the Cob Beverage Insulator ($14): This freaker is as magical as a unicorn. We can’t think of a cozier way to keep our drinks chilled.
7. DGZC Inflatable Beer Pong Hats ($17): Wear this and you’ll definitely score points at any party. Just don’t debut it at your office holiday shindig.
8. Dog Butt Magnets ($11): Magnets, in dog butt form. Why not?
9. Hangin’ With the Homies Air Fresheners ($5): Keep things funky with these homey air fresheners. Buy them all and settle the East Coast vs. West Coast beef in one magical holiday gift.
10. Tattly Temporary Tattoos Watch Set ($15): Looking to rock a new watch? Go temporary and try a different color each week.
11. Candeo Candle Campfire Smoke Wood Wick Soy Candle ($17): You know how your clothes smell after a weekend of camping? Now you can enjoy that smell ALL the time.
12. Little Stinker Bag of Unicorn Farts ($10): Of course unicorn farts taste like cotton candy!
13. Archie McPhee Horse Head Squirrel Feeder ($12): More horse heads! If you haven’t seen this ridiculous thing going viral, it’s time to get in the know. It’s a squirrel feeder shaped like a horse head, so it looks like the squirrel is a mini-horse when he’s snacking. Amazing.
14. GeekKickz 3D Printed Yoda Buddha ($8): The best white elephant gift, you will have. Most useless gift, it will be.
15. Running Press Desktop Skeeball ($10): Take a break without even leaving your desk with a mini-sized version of the classic party game.
16. DCI Ax Pizza Cutter ($9): Finally, a pizza cutter for the manly man. The question is, can it handle a calzone?
17. JulieAnnArt Light That Sh-t Up Card ($5): ‘Nuff said. Best. gift. ever.
18. Sock It To Me Corgis Knee High Socks ($8): Why get your coworker these random socks? Why not, we ask?
19. Wondermade Beer Artisan Marshmallows ($8): We promise these taste amazing. You’ll never look at marshmallows the same way again.
20. Crafting with Cat Hair by Kaori Tsutaya ($15): It’s really all in the title, folks. We’ll just leave this here.
21. Brush Buddies Justin Bieber Singer Toothbrush ($11): This practical white elephant gift will croon to you while you brush your pearly whites. Sorry, not sorry.
22. A Christmas Story Cookie Cutter ($11): Get a leg up on your cookie game this season with this not-so-fragile cookie cutter.
23. WildHearts USA Funny Cat Shirts Tank Top ($16): These tanks are out of control. We would like one right meow.
24. Sriracha 2 Go Original Keychain (14): Are you that person always asking for a bottle of Sriracha at the table? We feel you. And so does this new company that’s offering keychain-sized Sriracha bottles just for you! At $7 a pop, these empty keychain bottles (you fill ‘em yourself) seem steep, but also terribly handy.
25. Moulin Roty Circus Shadow Puppets ($25): These shadow puppets are kind of everything. They’re perfect for the impromptu puppet show you’ve always dreamed of.
26. Wild and Wolf Happy Jackson Pencil Case ($10): If you want to giggle every time you open your pencil case, then this bag is for you. #pencilswelcome
27. Silver Lilly Shark Plush Novelty Animal Slippers ($23): These slippers have some bite (and a memory foam footbed for comfort).
28. Chia Pet “Golden Girls” Collections – Dorothy ($20): This chia pet is the best way to tell someone, “Thank you for being a friend.”
29. Tequila Mockingbird by Tim Federle (15): Put down the basic margarita because this book contains 65 *different* tequila recipes paired with classic literary commentary. So good.
30. Prank Pack Blankeez Gift Box ($12): They’ll be SO excited. Or disappointed. Who knows, really. The point is that you can put literally anything in this box and then watch their expression change when they discover it’s not an actual 8-person blanket. LOL.
31. Crazy Dog Funny T-Shirts The Chemistry of Bacon ($17): Because one can’t simply eat bacon. One must understand the science of bacon.
32. BlueQ Marie Antoilette Lavatory Mist ($14): For the ladies, a scent from French royalty that is truly unforgettable. Trust us — they’re gonna love it.
33. LunarWolfTreats Chocolate Video Game Controller Treats ($9): Remember way back in the day when we made a chocolate iPhone? These are totally its much classier and more official cousins.
34. Cost Plus World Market Flamingo String Lights ($10): There is no rhyme or reason for this gift other than to celebrate the awesomeness that is the flamingo. Flamingos are festive and always ready to party, so this just makes sense.
35. Luwint LED Colorful Flashing Finger Lighting Gloves ($20): Get ready to light up the night in LED gloves perfect for celebrating, Burning Man, or just being a weirdo. Get LIT.
36. EatMeJewelry Mac’n’Cheese Stud Earrings ($22): You’re obsessed. We’re obsessed. So just buy them already.