9 Makeup Products to Capture That Winter Glow
Glowing skin isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when we think of winter beauty. We tend to think of chapped lips, dry patches (especially that weird under-eye flakiness) and just general complexion dullness all around. But no matter how much the wind blows, you can still fake your way to those rosy cheeks. We’ve taken inspiration from Snow White and sunshine to bring you nine products that’ll have you glowing like a Glow Baby (omg, remember Glow Babies?).
1. Josie Maran Argan Infinity Lip + Cheek Oil ($18): For this rosy fairytale look, play up just your lashes, lips and cheeks. Josie Maran’s lip and cheek gel does double duty, but if you need a longer-lasting lip color, this one’s great too. (image via Hair and Makeup By Steph)
2. NARS Illuminator ($30): For a bronzy glow that won’t look fake over the colder months, this lightly bronzed illuminator is great stuff to mix with foundation or use as a highlighter. (image via ATL Night Spots)
3. Laura Mercier Fairy Dust Eye Shimmer ($28): This editorial makeup can be brought down a notch (like, minus the eye jewels) to a fantastic, frosty party look with a shimmery eyeshadow like Laura Mercier’s fairy dust in the crushed amethyst color. (image via Sture Plan)
4. Stila Lip Glaze ($22): A natural-but-glowing look is completed with a frosty lip color that reminds us a little of the stuff we wore in middle school — but hey, the ’90s are back in a big way, so just roll with it. (image via L’Oreal)
7. Marc Jacobs Hi-Shine Nail Lacquer ($18): This nail polish sparkles with class instead of flash.
9. Too Faced Snow Bunny Bronzer ($30): Contouring and highlighting is such a great skill to have in your makeup bag of tricks over the winter. Too Faced makes a bronzer and cheek set that can make sun-starved skin really shine. (image via Keiko Lynn)
How do you make your skin glow over the winter? Let us know in the comments.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)