9 Makeup Products to Capture That Winter Glow
Glowing skin isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when we think of winter beauty. We tend to think of chapped lips, dry patches (especially that weird under-eye flakiness) and just general complexion dullness all around. But no matter how much the wind blows, you can still fake your way to those rosy cheeks. We’ve taken inspiration from Snow White and sunshine to bring you nine products that’ll have you glowing like a Glow Baby (omg, remember Glow Babies?).
1. Josie Maran Argan Infinity Lip + Cheek Oil ($18): For this rosy fairytale look, play up just your lashes, lips and cheeks. Josie Maran’s lip and cheek gel does double duty, but if you need a longer-lasting lip color, this one’s great too. (image via Hair and Makeup By Steph)
2. NARS Illuminator ($30): For a bronzy glow that won’t look fake over the colder months, this lightly bronzed illuminator is great stuff to mix with foundation or use as a highlighter. (image via ATL Night Spots)
3. Laura Mercier Fairy Dust Eye Shimmer ($28): This editorial makeup can be brought down a notch (like, minus the eye jewels) to a fantastic, frosty party look with a shimmery eyeshadow like Laura Mercier’s fairy dust in the crushed amethyst color. (image via Sture Plan)
4. Stila Lip Glaze ($22): A natural-but-glowing look is completed with a frosty lip color that reminds us a little of the stuff we wore in middle school — but hey, the ’90s are back in a big way, so just roll with it. (image via L’Oreal)
7. Marc Jacobs Hi-Shine Nail Lacquer ($18): This nail polish sparkles with class instead of flash.
9. Too Faced Snow Bunny Bronzer ($30): Contouring and highlighting is such a great skill to have in your makeup bag of tricks over the winter. Too Faced makes a bronzer and cheek set that can make sun-starved skin really shine. (image via Keiko Lynn)
How do you make your skin glow over the winter? Let us know in the comments.