Sure they’ve got enough dough to buy anything their little hearts desire, but even celebrities like a good bargain. No matter who you are, the only thing better than scoring that piece you just had to have, is scoring it for an awesome price. And it’s even better when you discover that one-of-a-kind vintage treasure at your favorite flea market. Not only does flea market-scouted home decor scream visual interest, it adds character and is a wonderful conversation starter in your space. From a Salvador Dalí rug to an Eames chair, find out which celebs are scoring crush-worthy treasures that even you (yes, you!) could afford ;)
1. Julianne Moore’s Driftwood Coffee Table: Moore personally decorated her gorgeous former Manhattan townhouse. One of the ways she added personal touches was through flea market finds, including driftwood tables and lamps. (via HGTV Front Door)
2. Taylor Swift’s Wall Art: With homes in Nashville, LA and Rhode Island, T Swifty has a lot of walls to cover. She hit up the Ventura Country Flea Market to track down some stellar art + wall decor. (via I’m Not Obsessed)
3. Lara Spencer’s Secondhand Home Decor: The Good Morning America co-host has literally written the book on secondhand shopping (it’s called I Brake For Yard Sales). She’s got a laundry list of tips for first time treasure hunters that will help your home look as stylishly vintage as hers. (via Elle Decor)
4. Molly Sims’s Mismatched Chairs: The supermodel is so into thrifting, she has a feature on her website called “Flea Market Finds” with her scoop and tips for her readers. She’s digging the mismatched chair trend — after all, one of the best part of flea market-shopping is finding something one of a kind! (via Molly Sims)
5. Gwyneth Paltrow’s Salvador Dalí Area Rug: Gwynnie and pal/interior designer Peter Dunham hit up an antique fair in Montpellier, which she writes about and shares how-to tips on Goop. They scored this Dalí rug, which Dunham says he’ll use to reupholster an ottoman. Love that idea! (via Goop, photo via Live Auctioneers)
6. Rachel Bilson’s Antique Piano: Rachel has been one of our style icons since her OC days, but this peek inside her home has cemented her a permanent place in our interior inspo hall of fame, too. That scouted scrollwork piano is to die for. (via Lonny)
7. Constance Zimmer’s Eames Dining Chairs: When Zimmer and her bf (now hubby) were decorating their Hollywood Hills home, it was important to them to stay true to its midcentury architectural details. They purchased an Eames dining set at the Los Angeles Modern Auctions, the lucky ducks. (via Boon Inc)
8. Tori Spelling’s Upcycled Dining Chair: You know we’re all about celebs who DIY — Tori upcycled this drab chair into modern eye-candy. Don’t let looks deter you from a fab piece, a coat of paint can work wonders. (via Tori Spelling)
9. Haven Alba’s Turquoise Dresser: Jessica Alba is a flea market fiend. And if that’s what it takes to imitate her amazing style, we can only hope we’re on the right track. She scored this dresser for younger daughter Haven’s room, and dressed it up with some turquoise paint. (via Domaine)
10. Cynthia Rowley’s Side Chairs + Vintage Bar Cart: Really, we’re not even surprised designer Cynthia Rowley’s home is as gorgeous as her fashions. Flea market finds are sprinkled throughout her abode, but we’re partial to this glass bar cart and blue side chairs. (via Elle Decor)
Bonus! Flea Market Shopping Tips: The editors at Domaine hit up the Rose Bowl flea market and shared their expert tips. Their advice? Keep an open mind, get to know your vendors + don’t be afraid to get down and dirty! We’re SO in. See you there this weekend, B+C readers?!
What’s the hottest home accent you’ve ever found at a flea market? Tweet us a pic @britandco or shout out your treasure-hunting tips below!