What Thanksgiving feast would be complete without a side of cranberry sauce? Well, we don’t even have to worry about that, because this collection of 15 favorite recipes for the ruby-hued condiment has everyone out there covered. Whether you’re a die-hard cranberry-sauce-from-the-can fan or favor the totally tangy, from-scratch stuff, there’s a recipe for you here. So give the can opener a rest this year, and flex some DIY muscle that’s sure to impress your guests.
2. Orange Bourbon Cranberry Sauce: Another boozy version — this one gives a whole new meaning to getting sauced. The ever-so-slightly smokey undertones from a shot of bourbon make this a sophisticated side. (via Gimme Some Oven)
3. Cranberry Sauce With Persimmons: Persimmons lend this sauce an extra touch of autumnal flavor. Can’t find the tomato-shaped fruit near you? An apple can be swapped in a pinch without affecting the seasonality one bit. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
5. Homemade Cranberry Sauce in a Can: Homemade, seasoned-how-you-like it jellied cranberry sauce is cleverly molded in a can to give it its classic shape for those who have a hard time dealing with change. (via Food52)
6. Tangy Cranberry Chutney: For a more savory spin on the usual cranberry sauce, try out this tangy chutney. A mince of shallots, ginger and jalapeño provide a nice bit of kick. (via The Crepes of Wrath)
9. Canal House’s Cranberry Port Gelee: Five accessible ingredients are all it takes to make this jellied cranberry sauce. Even better, you don’t need to use any gelatin or other thickener. Simply let it firm up in the fridge for a few hours before serving. (via Food52)
11. Spiced Cranberry-Pear Sauce With Vanilla Bean: Who says vanilla beans and spices should be for baked goods alone? You’ll love how they team up to make this pear and cranberry sauce a real treat for the tastebuds. (via The Crispy Sage)
What kind of cranberry sauce do you plan on serving with your holiday feast? Canned or homemade? Jellied or whole bean? Let us know below!