Flower crowns and cutoffs are standard Coachella fare, but if those aren’t your jam, then you might feel at a loss when curating your festival style. We hear you, girl. You can get into the free-wheelin’ spirit without betraying your unique style sensibilities. Below, we’ve curated 22 fashion-forward twists on Coachella classics that are guaranteed to earn you a few invisible high-fives from the street style set.
1. Zara Embroidered Bodysuit ($50): Who needs crop tops and crochet when you can rock a saucy number like this while you’re swaying to the beat? For the perfect center stage ensemble, team it with a gilded lariat, high-waisted shorts, and studded sandals.
2. Free People Mystic River Sunglass ($25): Protect your peepers with these sculptural sunnies that would look just as fly with a go-with-flow maxi as they would with a streamlined jumpsuit and flatform kicks.
3. Sincerely Jules Bailey Star Embroidered Jacket ($190): While the days are hot, desert nights can get cool. This celestial twist on a timeless military-inspired jacket is the perfect finishing touch on any #OOTD. Pair it with distressed denim, statement earrings, and souped-up sneakers for an effortless after-dark look.
4. Anthropologie Stellar Hair Set ($48): When it comes to festival dressing, hair flair is non-negotiable. As the micro crystal details sparkle and catch in the light, don’t be surprised if everyone’s attention shifts away from the stage straight onto your stellar ‘do.
5. Réalisation Par The Ozzie in Pansy ($170): Don’t even think about leaving home without at least one twirl-worthy frock in your Coachella kit. With its vibrant floral print, effortless silhouette, and OMG-worthy neckline, it’s one piece that bohemian babes and fashion-forward femmes both can get behind.
6. She Made Me Rainbow Stripe Triangle Bikini Top ($145): Okay, so this crochet number is definitely more in line with traditional festival style, but we just couldn’t resist. Tailor it to your minimalist sensibilities with delicate stacking rings and a structured white romper, or go all-out boho babe with cutoffs, ankle boots, and messy fishtail braids.
7. Dr. Martens Pascal Bandana Boots ($150): When it comes to concert kicks, it’s all about comfort. And as much as we’d love to frolick around in sandals all weekend long, the appeal of a pair of don’t-mess Dr. Martens is REAL when confronted with dance-happy crowds (they’re prime for protecting toes) and less-than-ideal conditions.
8. Lovers + Friends Over the Sea Top ($138): A go-with-the-flow top that makes the transition from day-to-night an effortless exercise is a welcome addition to any Coachella lineup. In lieu of a standard peasant top, style this embroidered beauty alongside bright printed shorts and pom-pom-trimmed espadrilles.
10. Mango Embossed Hoop Earring ($16): Introducing the only bauble you need in your arsenal this festival season. Both minimalist and impactful, it ties in seamlessly with just about every piece in your wardrobe — which is good news for both your fuss-free sensibilities and girl-on-the-go lifestyle.
11. Zara Raffia Bucket Bag ($60): Bulky bags are out of the question. Period. But you still need a solid sac to tote all of your swayin’-to-the-beat swag (sunscreen, sunnies, water, phone, etc.). Equipped with a crossbody strap that lets you go hands-free (you need those digits to Snap every second), this Jane Birkin-approved-style raffia bucket boasts enough space for the essentials, but won’t weigh you down.
12. Pull&Bear Painted Stripe Jeans ($55): Anytime is a good time to rock a pair of denim, and Coachella is no exception. While distressed boyfriend jeans would feel right at home in the free-wheelin’ environment, this painterly pair perfectly captures the festival’s artsy side. Play up the abstract edge with statement shades and an asymmetric top.
13. Ivy Park Laced Oversized Bomber ($115): Skip the denim jacket this season and opt instead for an athleisure-esque outer layer with major FROW appeal. Toss on an oversized bomber to give festival classics a healthy dose of urban appeal, or layer it over a floral frock to add an element of cool contrast to your ensemble.
14. Soludos Embroidered Two Band Slides ($99): A little bit desert goddess, a little bit minimalist muse, these tassel-tastic slides are music-fest gold. Let the vibrant embroidery take center stage by pairing them with a fresh white romper and a matte red pout.
15. Norma Kamali Kamali Kulture Chuck Cutout One Piece ($90): Hello, gorgeous! Beyond being downright DDG, this sultry one-piece packs plenty of versatility. When you’re not soaking up rays, rock it as a bodysuit with a printed midi skirt and lace-up sandals for an easy look that reads ready-to-fête.
16. J.Crew Coral Paisley Bandana ($13): One bandana, so many styling opportunities. Ideal for tying back tresses, spicing up an arm party, or adding a bit of extra oomph to a tried-and-true tee, a perfectly peach-colored add-on will never let you down.
17. ASOS “Chase The Sun” Straw Oversized Floppy Hat ($28): You can’t fault a floppy hat, especially one with this much panache. Bring the good vibes by popping this playful chapeau on with a flowy off-the-shoulder frock and slides.
18. H&M Patterned Bib Overall Shorts ($18): Denim cutoffs — you could, but nah. Take your beats alongside a pair of botanical overalls that make dancing like no one’s watching that much better. Rock ’em with a classic white tee and a choker for a distinctly ’90s feel, or flirt it up with an off-the-shoulder top and espadrille wedges.
19. Sonix Oasis Round Sunglasses ($98): When the sun is shining and the beats are flowing, slipping on a pair of round sunnies just feels so right. Tap into your inner disco diva and pair these double-frames with cropped flares and a high-neck top for a sophisticated yet totally ’70s ensemble.
20. Topshop Metallic Hooded Windbreaker Jacket ($95): After six years of drought, California is experiencing record rainfall. Translation: A chic rain jacket is definitely in order. While precipitation might put a damper on your festival plans, the sheen of this rose gold weather-resistant windbreaker turns a bummer into an opportunity to show off your sartorial prowess.
21. Vans Sk8-Hi Slim Sneaker ($60): If they’re good enough for Taylor Swift, Kendall, Gigi, and Hailey Baldwin, you can bet we’re down with the idea of busting out a pair of iconic kicks for our descent upon the desert.
22. Rebecca Minkoff Bandana Stud Belt Bag ($118): Belt bags got some serious flack a few seasons back, but the pared-down accessory is now a shoo-in for GNO and festival stints alike. And it’s not hard to see why — the slim profile and hands-free styling mean there’s nothing to prevent you from busting a move. This embellished number marries form and function like none-other, with its convertible styling and paisley print studs.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.