Pantone announced the new color of the year for 2017, and it’s Greenery — “a zesty yellow-green that evokes the first days of spring.” Greenery channels all that’s fresh and new in decor and evokes a seriously leafy vibe, which we’ve started to see cropping up on the floors of our fave retailer: IKEA. If you’ve had a major crush on designers like Justina Blakeney’s Jungalow style, Greenery fits right in with live plants and botanical prints and fabrics. While some greens like Pantone’s Forest Bathing palette are coolly sophisticated, Greenery can play whimsical. Get ready to amp up the *Greenery quotient* in your home with these 12 ways IKEA is already on it.
1. IKEA POÄNG Rocking Chair ($180): Reminiscent of the mid-century Artek Alvar Aalto Lounge Chair with its bent timber framework, the POÅNG chair is an IKEA classic. This punchy botanical Simmarp green fabric earns it a place on everyone’s Greenery inspo board.
2. IKEA DITO Flatware ($15, 20-piece set): The lucite-look handles on the DITO flatware give it an ultra luxe vibe, especially in this vibrant shade of green. And at this price point, it’s a quick and affordable way to inject Greenery into your dining decor.
3. IKEA ÄMTEVIK Lampshade ($30): This chartreuse pendant adds a dash of glamour to any neutral living room. Or get a modern look in the bedroom by hanging two of these bright green pendants on either side of your bed above the nightstands.
4. IKEA MARIT Table Runner ($5): This crisp green table runner really pops against a stark white tablecloth. Pair it with the DITO flatware and FABULÖS glasses to make your tablescape really sing with green.
5. IKEA VISIONÄR Decoration ($5): These paper pendants are an inexpensive way to freshen up your office nook. There’s something organic about it that feeds a plant-lover’s soul.
6. IKEA RISATORP Wire Basket ($13): These awesome lime-green wire baskets are perfect for storing fruits and veggies in the kitchen. The green mesh and natural birch handle work well with a range of kitchen color palettes, from modern white kitchens to mid-century birch to traditional dark wood.
7. IKEA SINNLIG Candle in Glass ($4): Candles add a cozy ambiance to any room of the house. The bright green of this apple-scented candle is an inexpensive way to add pops of Greenery, whether to your living room or dining room table.
8. IKEA FABULÖS Glass ($3): These stackable glasses will bring instant Greenery chic to your tablescape. They’d also totally *raise the bar* on today’s must-have statement piece — the bar cart.
9. IKEA SYSSAN Curtains ($60 per pair): This pattern has the expensive look of iconic Josef Frank fabrics — but for way less. What a steal! They’d add a Swedish modern aesthetic and inject leafy loveliness to a bungalow bedroom.
10. IKEA OLUNDA Picture ($30): Affordable art that makes a big impact can be a tall order. Sure, you *could* go the DIY route and search for free prints, but the cost of framing alone would add up. The price point on this bright and pretty botanical shadowbox can’t be beat.
11. IKEA URBAN Junior Chair ($40): This chair was designed for kids who are past the booster-seat age but still short of reaching the table in a regular chair. It’s stackable, making it perfect for small-space dwellers, and the vibrant lime-green is such a bright pop of color it will look like a rainbow exploded in your kitchen.
12. IKEA TOFTBO Bath Mat ($10): If you want a quick Greenery color upgrade in your white bathroom, you can’t do better than these verdant green bath mats. They’re soft and lush underfoot and reversible — so, no sticky latex side — and at this price point, you can buy more than one and have a clean mat in rotation at all times.
If you love staying on top of Pantone color trends, follow us on Pinterest for more.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.