Planning a kid’s party can be challenging. They’re past the baby stage and suddenly have an opinion about everything from the invitations to the activities and even the party favors. But don’t let that discourage you. Instead, put those opinions to good use by inspiring your little maker to help them give you a hand in the party prep whenever possible. This will make the party something they will truly enjoy (and be proud of!). Check out these 13 awesome ideas for inspiration on how to throw one epic summer party.
2. Big Bubbles: If your kid loves regular bubbles, just wait until you show them this recipe for these massive hard-to-pop ones. If you ask nicely, they might just let you have a turn too. (via Lindsay and Andrew)
4. DIY Sponge Water Bombs: Filling and tying water balloons can take a toll on your fingers, and they’re usually gone in a flash. Make a couple of these super simple water bombs ahead of time to keep the fun going all afternoon. (via The Chic Site)
5. Paint Party: Give your little Picassos an activity to keep them busy and they can each go home with their own work of art. Whip up personalized aprons with iron-on letters for the perfect party favors. (via J and J Home)
8. Sandcastle Play Dough Kits: Get your kids involved and create an assembly line to put together these cute kits. They’ll be so proud to hand them out and you won’t have to do all the work for once. Win-win! (via Mama Papa Bubba)
12. Sunblock Central: Protection from the sun is so important when you’re playing outside, especially for the kiddos. A station like this will also stop you from having to answer the “Do you have any sunblock?” question from parents all day. (via Catch My Party)
Are you planning a fun outdoor party this summer? Will any of our ideas make the guest list? Talk to us in the comments!