Calling All Cool Moms! 22 Blogs You Should Check Out
It’s hard to claim that being a mom is a glamorous job (c’mon… diaper changes, spit up and all sorts of various baby/kid grossness). But, that doesn’t mean you can’t be cool while rocking the mom status. There are tons of awesome mom bloggers out there who prove that it’s possible over and over again. So, if you know you’re definitely one of the coolest mommas around or if you just really want to bump up your parental game, it’s time to drop everything and peruse and subscribe to these 22 blogs that are fab for moms like you.
1. 100 Layer Cakelet: First, 100 Layer Cake brought you all the most fabulous wedding trends, real celebrations and awesome “I do” DIY projects. As you take on the next chapter in your life, let 100 Layer Cakelet be your new source for all things fabulous. Focused on living in style with little ones, there’s non-stop inspiration for parties, adorable nurseries, cute projects and all sorts of fashionable pretties.
2. Gabby Reece: So exactly how does one go about getting back into shape after baby? Former athlete-turned-iconic fitness trainer Gabby Reece has the answers… and moms love her for it. Managing two little tots of her own, she makes it easy to find ways to be kind to your post-baby body. From workouts to recipes, she’s got you covered.
3. A Merry Mishap: Think having a baby means the end of enjoying your favorite hobbies? Think again. Interior design lover, jewelry maker, world explorer, mother and blogger Jennifer of A Merry Mishap demonstrates that you can do it all. We know because she constantly keeps us and moms around the world enthralled with posts featuring modern homes, unique baby finds and her great adventures around the globe! An added perk? She’s got quite the eye for spotting cuter-than-cute baby clothes. Seriously, prepare to ooh and ahh!
4. Sweet Blackberry: Sweet Blackberry is a company on a mission. Created with the purpose of bringing the stories of little known African-American people and their achievements to children around the globe, they’re all about showing the kiddos that obstacles can be overcome and greatness is possible. We don’t know about you, but we can’t imagine a more powerful tool for moms everywhere. They are backed by Kickstarter and use donations to visit local schools and to create inspiring storybooks and videos. Talk about a powerful way to change the world.
5. Cricket’s Circle: If you’re a regular reader around here, then you know we’ve been in love with Cricket’s Circle for some time. A quick hop over to their super informative site will show you why — comprehensive baby registry checklists, awesome product suggestions and a neat blog that tackles all the mysteries of motherhood are just the start of all the goodness waiting to be discovered.
6. Mother: Motherhood means many different things to women around the world. Thankfully, Mother takes that little tidbit of knowledge to heart and strives to be a place where mother of all shapes, sizes and styles can come together for advice, fashion and beauty ideas, yummy food and much, much more. Whether you need advice about the best strollers on the market or info about how to rock lilac hair, Mother is there for you like a best friend… a best friend who is skilled in the art of baby raising and who is incredibly stylish, too.
7. Hello Jack: The mom of two behind this oh-so-stylish blog is truly the definition of a cool mom. On the pages of her colorful, creativity-packed site, you’ll find everything from unique decor and fashion finds (she even gives you the deets on how to copy her looks!) to great products and blogs for acing motherhood. Despite all the rad-ness going on, our personal favorite thing about Hello Jack is the fun product boards — like the one above. They’re über helpful when you’re on the hunt for fab new finds you and the kiddies will love.
8. DIY Maternity: On the “about me” section of DIY Maternity, founder Megan Nielsen explains that “Pregnancy is a beautiful, special time that should be celebrated. Every woman deserves to feel gorgeous during this time, but unfortunately a lot of the maternity wear out there is frumpy, unflattering, expensive and often doesn’t even work for its designed purpose.” Everything she says is true. Expecting moms should feel gorgeous. Thankfully, Megan’s blog changes the game by showing pregnant moms how to dress their bumps with adorable DIY, homemade outfits. Don’t worry. You don’t have to be super skilled with the sewing machine. The site is jam-packed with helpful step-by-step tutorials, patterns and useful tips.
9. Romy and The Bunnies: Cute baby and kids’ clothes? Check. Great beauty finds and tips? Check. Informative interviews with fellow moms, designers, etc.? Check. Must-have product features? Check. Yeah, we can easily say this blog has it all, and you’ll really rack up the “cool mom” points if you make it part of your daily routine.
10. Brave in Love: Being a mom and watching your babies grow up before you is a pretty amazing journey. Sure, there will be some rough patches and days when you wonder why the heck you decided child-rearing was a good idea, but when everything is said and done you’ll be happy you to decided to jump feet first into parenthood. One of our favorite mom blogs, Brave in Love, is about documenting all the little intricacies that go into life with children. Whether it’s a hilarious quote from one of her kids or a glimpse into special moments that happen throughout their day as a family, this blogger really gets to the heart of all the perks of being somebody’s mom. And she’s totally honest about it, too. So get ready for some laughs, occasional tears and tons of smiles.
11. Milk-Friendly: Breastfeeding bras, breastfeeding tops, breastfeeding pajamas… probably not the first things that come to your mind when you think of fashionable clothes for moms. Well, that was before you discovered Milk-Friendly, a mom-approved blog that’s all about how to be a fashionista and stay in touch with your personal style while breastfeeding your little one. Uh-huh, it is possible!
12. Oh Happy Day: Oh Happy Day is a design and lifestyle blog founded and written by San Francisco event planner Jordan Ferney. The next time you’re about to don your “mom” and “hostess with the mostess” hats, give the pages of this blog a serious read-through. Each post is packed full of unique party and event ideas and unique DIYs. They’re all must-haves for throwing the most talked about birthday parties on the block.
13. A Little Muse: Kids are pretty fun little people. For real. They’re creative, they’ve got killer imaginations, and we’re always impressed by how much they can make us laugh. The mom and blogger behind A Little Muse is in on this secret, too. Her blog is all about documenting the memorable hang out sessions and adventures she enjoys every day with her daughter. But, this isn’t just regular chilling out on the couch to watch Frozen AGAIN. These two have fun dress-up photo shoots, they travel together and they are always meeting up for playdates with fellow mom bloggers out on the town.
14. What’s Up Moms: Raising children is pretty freaking funny. Sometimes, it’s “haha” funny. Other times, it’s “oh, the irony” funny. Perhaps on really challenging days it’s so frustrating that you can’t help but laugh in desperation until you cry. The good news: you’re not alone. All moms have experienced the emotions you’re feeling or are about to feel as you give birth and step into the world of being a momma. Whatever your case, we’re gonna go ahead and tell you that you need to follow What’s Up Moms, a vlog that’s all about poking fun at the quirks of motherhood, helping you through each day with friendly, approachable advice and cracking you up with spoofs like the viral “I’m so pregnant.” Even if you’ve got this whole baby and kids thing down to an art, it never hurts to start your day off with a good laugh.
15. BleuBird: Run by Nashville photographer and mother of four James Kicinski McCoy, this mom-friendly blog is all about catering to your creative side with cool finds, advice and ideas for all areas of your life, whether it’s pretty additions to your wardrobe, unique date ideas or, even great ways to entertain the kids. We bet ya can’t take a look without being inspired.
16. Enjoying the Small Things: Photographer and writer Kelle Hampton created Enjoying the Small Things when her first child was born, so she could have an outlet for her creativity. Today, the blog has grown to be a guiding light for so many mothers, especially those who, like Kelle, have children with special needs. Personal and down-to-earth in tone, we appreciate that this site is place where motherhood is honored for its various characteristics and beauties. We’re pretty convinced you’ll love it as much as we do.
17. Cool Mom Picks: Have you ever dreamed that someone would create a blog for moms that has everything you need — crafts, advice, tips, product reviews, etc. — in one place? Well, darling, dream no more, because Cool Mom Picks is seriously all you’ve ever hoped for in a mothers’ blog! We know you’re gonna have to check it out to believe it, so we suggest you mosey on over there right about now. We understand if you don’t come back for awhile…
19. Oh Joy!: Joy Cho is so famous that we know she needs no introduction. With that said, we’ll just jump right in and say that she’s all that and a bag a chips when it comes to everything. Really, everything… all things design, fashion, food, family life. And don’t even get us started on all the amazing colors found on her site. If you aren’t already following, you’re missing out. You should probably (more like definitely) remedy this situation today!
20. A Cup Of Jo: This blog is similar to many of the blogs that you already love, but it has the extra bonus of being headed up and written by a mom. So, in addition to awesome features about the latest and greatest in creativity and inspiration, there’s tons of mom-to-mom advice, too. We don’t know about you, but we think these things are the makings of an excellent read.
21. Cool Mom Tech: As a Brit + Co reader, we know you’ve got a serious appreciation for all these techy. Cool Mom Tech meshes together a love of gadgets and the needs of moms. So if you’re looking for an inventive app to help you juggle it all, or even a cool gadget to make nap time easier, this place is calling your name.
22. Grey Likes Baby: Like 100 Layer Cakelet, Grey Likes Baby is a spinoff from renowned wedding blog Grey Likes Wedding. And my my my, is it overflowing with endless gorgeousness in the form of styled nurseries, presh baby clothes, newborn photography and lots more. With a tagline like, “Family. Well styled.” it’s easy to see you’ve discovered something good.
Well, cool moms or cool moms-to-be, which blogs will you be adding to your subscribe list? If you’ve got a favorite not listed, please share below!