It seems like everyone is busting out the retro swimsuits lately — from Taylor Swift, the queen of retro chic, to style icons like Rihanna, Beyoncé and Solange. Whether you’re a navel-baring enthusiast or you lean toward a suit that offer a little more coverage, these saucy throwback styles offer something for everyone, while channeling some of the most memorable swimwear of the ’50s – ’90s. Ready to take a trip down memory lane? Get scrolling!
1. ASOS Curve ’50’s Halter Bikini Top and Highwaist Bottom in Summer Rose ($58): A bright, playful print and an oh-so-retro silhouette make this floral bikini a warm weather must-have.
2. Topshop Poppy Check Bikini Set ($65): We can totally picture T-Swift strutting her stuff in this playful poppy two-piece.
3. ASOS Embossed Floral Cupped Swimsuit ($63): A classic, structured silhouette feels fresh, feminine and fun with embossed floral details and a bright mint hue.
4. Beach Riot Golden Coconut One Piece ($219): A dusty blue one-piece dotted with glitzy gold sequins makes for an eye-catching look you won’t want to take off. To rock it IRL, add on a flowy pleated maxi skirt and a pair of strappy sandals.
6. MICHAEL Michael Kors Twist-Front Halter One-Piece Swimsuit ($77): This vintage style has some serious staying power. Sexy, chic and incredibly elegant, this is one that you’ll look to year after year.
8. Atalanta T Bandeau Bikini Top ($95): Fun, frilly and a tad sophisticated, this convertible two-piece has a dreaming of airy cabanas, ocean views and sun-kissed skin.
9. Out From Under Longline Underwire Bikini Top + Ruched High-Waist Bottom ($84): Edgy and modern, while still embracing that retro vibe, this high-waisted bottom and bustier combo are ready to give your warm-weather wardrobe a major facelift.
10. Victoria’s Secret Fabulous Top + Neoprene Itsy Bottom ($77): Can’t get enough of the ’80s? A structured top and statement-making neon color block capture one of the decade’s biggest swimwear trends.
11. ASOS Mix and Match High Contrast Longline Bikini Top + High Waist Bottom ($54): ’90s sports-chic and a ’60s silhouette combine for a statement-making suit that feels fresh and modern, despite its throwback tendencies.
12. Victoria’s Secret Cut-out Halter One-Piece ($79): If you’re digging the ’70s vibe that’s running through the fashion world right now, this suit is for you. A sassy keyhole cutout and gold-tone hardware are the epitome of disco-era glam.
13. MICHAEL Michael Kors Animal-Print Belted One-Piece Swimsuit ($102): Undeniably eye-catching and super saucy, this belted, animal-print one-piece is the definition of throwback chic.
14. Kiini Yaz Top + Bottom ($275): A fave of It Girls everywhere, this handmade suit is a splurge. But if it’s a modern take on the crocheted swimwear of the ’70s that you’re after, this number seriously delivers.
15. Motel Rae Halter Bikini ($60): An abstract print and halter bring us back to the days when Blossom and Clarissa Explains It All were sources of sartorial inspiration.
16. Swim Sexy Red Darling Dot Halter High Waist Bikini ($41): If you’re ready to go all-out retro, this is the suit you need. Sweet polka dots are balanced by a va-va-voom silhouette and fiery red color.
17. Beach Riot The Mambo ($125): This bright pink number has babe written all over it. With a distinct ’90s vibe, this daring style is the piece you need to stand out this summer.
Will you be sporting a retro suit once beach season hits? Which style is your favorite? Tell us in the comments!