It’s been hammered into our heads since we were wee little children: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So we figured, might as well make the best of it! It’s easy to make time for brekky when you can bite into a scrumptious breakfast sandwich or scoot out the door with a couple of breakfast cookies. And though smoothie bowls have become all the rage for those looking to incorporate fruits and grains into their diets, they just won’t warm you up the way a nice hot bowl of oatmeal will. These 14 sweet and savory oat bowls will keep you cozy, toasty and completely satisfied until lunchtime rolls around.
1. Easy Coconut Milk Oatmeal With Fruits: No refined sugars needed here! Big, bright fruits bring natural sweetness to this creamy and filling bowl of oats and quinoa. It’s a perfect way to replicate the flavors of summer if you’re feeling dreary this winter. (via Vanilla Crunch)
2. Savory Parmesan Oats With Poached Egg: When a hearty breakfast is in order, pass on the fried eggs and bacon. Instead, reach for a wholesome and healthy bowl of savory oatmeal, complete with shaved Parmesan and a creamy poached egg. YUM! (The Kitchen Paper)
3. Harvest Breakfast Warming Pumpkin Oatmeal: This deeply soothing oat bowl is for all the pumpkin spice fanatics who count the days until fall. Warmed vanilla-coated pears add an extra level of comfort. (via The Joyful Hearth)
4. Savory Oatmeal With Garlicky Greens and Bacon: Even if the idea of savory oatmeal doesn’t sit well with you, you can’t deny it if there’s bacon involved. Add to that some garlicky greens and juicy mushrooms, and you may never want the sweet stuff again. (via Heartbeet Kitchen)
5. Savory Spanish Oatmeal: After trying this savory spin on the breakfast staple, you might be done with maple syrup and brown sugar for good. Chorizo, sautéed onions and garlic bring oatmeal to a new level, and the addition of Romesco sauce will have you begging for a second helping. (via Destination Delish)
6. Chocolate Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl: What if we told you that you could have chocolate as part of a healthy and well-rounded breakfast? Well, you can! This bowl of oats is a total treat that will keep your belly filled and boost your mood for the day. (via Two Purple Figs)
7. Savory Oatmeal: By including Brussels sprouts in your oatmeal, you can get your daily dose of greens for the day first thing in the morning. The addition of a silky poached egg and freshly grated Parm won’t hurt, either. (via Treats and Eats)
8. Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl: With breakfast being so important, it’s important to do it right. Oatmeal isn’t complete without delicious toppings, so fill up on tons of healthy goodies like nuts, seeds, fruits and nut butters. (via Xoxo Bella)
9. Savory Turmeric Chickpea Oats: If you’re new to savory oats, this recipe is a fantastic place to start. The bitter flavor of turmeric plays well with the spiciness of black pepper, and the addition of nutritional yeast brings a delicious cheesiness you won’t want to pass up. (via The Full Helping)
10. Tropical Coconut Oatmeal: Right now, everyone is craving all the flavors of fall — but there’s no denying that in a few months, we’ll be missing summer again. If you feel the need to add some sunshine to your day, this tropical bowl is guaranteed to do the trick. (via Emilie Eats)
11. Savory Oatmeal With Roasted Tomatoes and Oyster Mushrooms: This is the perfect meal for a cold day. When you’re adding roasted tomatoes and meat-y oyster mushrooms to your oats, it’ll be tempting to rock breakfast for dinner. And we’re cool with that too. (via A Better Happier St. Sebastian)
12. Blueberry Pie Oatmeal: When you can dig into a breakfast that has the word “pie” in it, you know it’s going to be a great day. Honeyed blueberries are reduced into an ooey gooey sauce that will give life to even the plainest oats. (via Apple of My Eye)
13. Savory Oatmeal With Fried Egg: If this dish teaches us anything, it’s that fried eggs don’t always pair best with bacon or toast. Seared butternut squash, sausage and the addition of soy sauce shake things up in this beautiful breakfast. (via Divine Cuisine)
14. Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal: A fresh take on a childhood classic, this tasty peanut butter and jelly oatmeal will warm your belly and your heart. After all, PB & J is just too good to be limited to toast and sandwiches. (via Made by Melissa Lee)
For more belly-warming breakfast ideas, follow us on Pinterest!