18 Breakfast Cookie Recipes Perfect for Busy Mornings
Sure, we’re not above grabbing a slice of cake or a few leftover cookies to accompany our morning cup of coffee, but that’s not the best way to start the day on the regular. Happily, these 18 wholesome breakfast cookies are a sweet, not-so-sinful treat that we can feel good about grabbing on our way out the door. Packed with an assortment of whole grains (without a ton of refined sugar), they’re a delicious and make-ahead-friendly way to make sure you don’t skip the most important meal of the day.
2. Quinoa Oatmeal Chocolate Breakfast Cookies: These cookies may taste like dessert, but since they’re made with leftover quinoa, oats and whole wheat flour, they sneak a whole lotta healthy, whole-grain action into every bite. (via Chindian Kitchen)
4. Chia Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (Gluten-Free): Packed with omega-3s, vitamin E, potassium and magnesium, these breakfast biscuits are almost like eating your morning multivitamin. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
9. Roasted Banana Breakfast Cookies (Gluten-Free, Vegan): Roasted bananas impart a caramelized sweetness to these soft, moist beauties. (via Gluten-Free Vegan Pantry)
10. Jumbo Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies: Cake AND cookies for breakfast sounds almost too good to be true, but you can feel good about indulging in a few of these in the AM. Grated carrots and apple, coconut, flax seeds, whole wheat flour and oats keep this recipe on the more virtuous side. (via A Mummy Too)
11. Healthy Tropical Breakfast Cookies: Sweetened with just a few spoonfuls of honey, these no-bake cookies will practically transport you to the tropics without spiking your blood sugar in a big way. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
13. Paleo Breakfast Cookies With Kale: We’d bet that no one will guess that these snacks are made with a hidden veggie. Blending everything together in a food processor certainly helps sneak in a serving of kale, while also making prep a breeze. (via Food Faith Fitness)
16. Oatmeal Hazelnut Cookies: Prefer your cookies crispy versus chewy? These rich oat and hazelnut cookies are right up your alley. We imagine they’d be equally delicious assembled into an ice cream sandwich… though probably not for breakfast. (via Flavor Quotient)
18. Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free): The combo of complex carbs and protein in these glorious goods is sure to give you an energy boost when you need it most. (via Making Thyme for Health)
Are you digging this breakfast cookie craze? Share your top picks with us in the comments!
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.