18 Breakfast Cookie Recipes Perfect for Busy Mornings
Sure, we’re not above grabbing a slice of cake or a few leftover cookies to accompany our morning cup of coffee, but that’s not the best way to start the day on the regular. Happily, these 18 wholesome breakfast cookies are a sweet, not-so-sinful treat that we can feel good about grabbing on our way out the door. Packed with an assortment of whole grains (without a ton of refined sugar), they’re a delicious and make-ahead-friendly way to make sure you don’t skip the most important meal of the day.
2. Quinoa Oatmeal Chocolate Breakfast Cookies: These cookies may taste like dessert, but since they’re made with leftover quinoa, oats and whole wheat flour, they sneak a whole lotta healthy, whole-grain action into every bite. (via Chindian Kitchen)
4. Chia Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (Gluten-Free): Packed with omega-3s, vitamin E, potassium and magnesium, these breakfast biscuits are almost like eating your morning multivitamin. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
9. Roasted Banana Breakfast Cookies (Gluten-Free, Vegan): Roasted bananas impart a caramelized sweetness to these soft, moist beauties. (via Gluten-Free Vegan Pantry)
10. Jumbo Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies: Cake AND cookies for breakfast sounds almost too good to be true, but you can feel good about indulging in a few of these in the AM. Grated carrots and apple, coconut, flax seeds, whole wheat flour and oats keep this recipe on the more virtuous side. (via A Mummy Too)
11. Healthy Tropical Breakfast Cookies: Sweetened with just a few spoonfuls of honey, these no-bake cookies will practically transport you to the tropics without spiking your blood sugar in a big way. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
13. Paleo Breakfast Cookies With Kale: We’d bet that no one will guess that these snacks are made with a hidden veggie. Blending everything together in a food processor certainly helps sneak in a serving of kale, while also making prep a breeze. (via Food Faith Fitness)
16. Oatmeal Hazelnut Cookies: Prefer your cookies crispy versus chewy? These rich oat and hazelnut cookies are right up your alley. We imagine they’d be equally delicious assembled into an ice cream sandwich… though probably not for breakfast. (via Flavor Quotient)
18. Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free): The combo of complex carbs and protein in these glorious goods is sure to give you an energy boost when you need it most. (via Making Thyme for Health)
Are you digging this breakfast cookie craze? Share your top picks with us in the comments!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.