18 Breakfast Cookie Recipes Perfect for Busy Mornings
Sure, we’re not above grabbing a slice of cake or a few leftover cookies to accompany our morning cup of coffee, but that’s not the best way to start the day on the regular. Happily, these 18 wholesome breakfast cookies are a sweet, not-so-sinful treat that we can feel good about grabbing on our way out the door. Packed with an assortment of whole grains (without a ton of refined sugar), they’re a delicious and make-ahead-friendly way to make sure you don’t skip the most important meal of the day.
2. Quinoa Oatmeal Chocolate Breakfast Cookies: These cookies may taste like dessert, but since they’re made with leftover quinoa, oats and whole wheat flour, they sneak a whole lotta healthy, whole-grain action into every bite. (via Chindian Kitchen)
4. Chia Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (Gluten-Free): Packed with omega-3s, vitamin E, potassium and magnesium, these breakfast biscuits are almost like eating your morning multivitamin. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
9. Roasted Banana Breakfast Cookies (Gluten-Free, Vegan): Roasted bananas impart a caramelized sweetness to these soft, moist beauties. (via Gluten-Free Vegan Pantry)
10. Jumbo Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies: Cake AND cookies for breakfast sounds almost too good to be true, but you can feel good about indulging in a few of these in the AM. Grated carrots and apple, coconut, flax seeds, whole wheat flour and oats keep this recipe on the more virtuous side. (via A Mummy Too)
11. Healthy Tropical Breakfast Cookies: Sweetened with just a few spoonfuls of honey, these no-bake cookies will practically transport you to the tropics without spiking your blood sugar in a big way. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
13. Paleo Breakfast Cookies With Kale: We’d bet that no one will guess that these snacks are made with a hidden veggie. Blending everything together in a food processor certainly helps sneak in a serving of kale, while also making prep a breeze. (via Food Faith Fitness)
16. Oatmeal Hazelnut Cookies: Prefer your cookies crispy versus chewy? These rich oat and hazelnut cookies are right up your alley. We imagine they’d be equally delicious assembled into an ice cream sandwich… though probably not for breakfast. (via Flavor Quotient)
18. Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free): The combo of complex carbs and protein in these glorious goods is sure to give you an energy boost when you need it most. (via Making Thyme for Health)
Are you digging this breakfast cookie craze? Share your top picks with us in the comments!