Eggs Benedict will forever be your go-to brunch order, but when you’re meat-free the options can seem a bit… lackluster. The great thing about cooking at home is that you can play with ingredients and make whatever creative eggs Benedict recipes you want. Whether you’re an ovo-lacto vegetarian or vegan, or you just want to start your day out on a lighter foot, these 13 meatless Benedicts will do the trick. We have everything from a Tex-Mex Benedict with an egg on top to a vegan Benedict with a chickpea cake that will blow your mind. Make yourself a Bloody Mary and keep reading to plan out your next delectable breakfast.
1. Vegetable Eggs Benedict: Getting your greens in early is vital to staying energized and on track for the rest of the day. When they’re piled under a luscious poached egg and a flavorful sauce (like this creamy roasted red pepper concoction), you’re way more likely to eat every bite. (via Eats Well With Others)
2. Butternut Squash and Leek Latke Benedict: Crispy butternut squash and leek latkes are the foundation for this otherwise classic Benedict. The mix of hollandaise and gooey egg yolk makes the perfect sauce for the latkes to soak up. (via The Crepes of Wrath)
3. California Style Eggs Benedict: Hollandaise can be a tricky dish for the home cook to master. Thankfully, you have recipes like this one that make it incredibly easy. All you need is a blender and a little patience to achieve the perfect hollandaise to top your beachy Benedict. (via Frugal Mom Eh!)
4. Eggs Benedict Caprese Style: This Italian take on eggs Benedict is inspired by the classic Caprese salad we all know and love. Mozzarella, fresh tomato and basil are the standout ingredients that will keep you coming back for more. (via The Devil Wears Parsley)
5. Dairy-Free Eggs Benedict: Making hollandaise sans dairy can be done, and the result is mighty tasty. Drizzle over perfectly poached eggs and serve on a bed of spinach and crispy hashbrown cakes and you’re good to go. (via Cast Iron Cookie)
6. Heirloom Tomato and Swiss Chard Eggs Benedict: A thick slice of tomato is just as good as an English muffin, right? Seriously, you may be hesitant at first, but you’re going to feel so much better when you limit your bread with breakfast. (via Low Carb Maven)
7. Eggs Benedict With Avocado and Roasted Red Pepper: The healthy fat in avocado is a great substitute for the meat in your Benedict. You get a creaminess from the avocado and roasted red pepper, and it’s totally meat-free. (via Oh My Veggies)
8. Polenta Benedict: Transforming a recipe that relies heavily on eggs into a vegan-friendly dish is not an easy task. This version is slightly sweet, with a creamy coconut sauce on top and pan-fried polenta on the bottom. (via Foodscape)
9. Soy-Free Vegan Benedict: Shitake mushroom “bacon,” chickpea egg substitute and an impressive cashew hollandaise make this Benedict look anything but vegan. Meat-eaters and vegans alike will dive right in without hesitation. (via Keepin’ It Kind)
10. Spiralized Paleo Eggs “Benedict” With Roasted Sweet Potato Noodles, Avocado and Chipotle Hollandaise: News flash — all food rules were meant to be broken. These spiralized sweet potatoes will keep you full WAY longer than an English muffin would, plus you get to eat noodles for breakfast. (via Inspiralized)
11. Tex-Mex Eggs Benedict With Grilled Potato Slabs and Avocado Lime Hollandaise: Yes to ALL of this. This dish is gluten-free and meat-free, so you can feel great about every flavorful Tex-Mex bite. Pass the avocado-lime hollandaise, please. (via Edible Perspective)
12. Vegan Eggs Benedict With Smokey Portabella Bacon: Adding nutritional yeast, sulfur salt and turmeric to tofu gives it an eggy quality that’s perfect for this dish. If nothing else, this has got to spark your curiosity about smokey portabella bacon. How great does that sound? (via Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes)
13. Vegan Eggs Florentine Benedict: Eggs florentine and eggs Benedict are both major breakfast staples. When you combine the two and make it vegan, you get one epic meal that satisfies both cravings. (via Planticize)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.