10 Apps to Help You Pull Together Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
It’s no big surprise that Halloween is one of our favorite holidays — so much so that we’ve had a Pinterest board full of costume DIYs and spooky porch accessories since last October. But even the most die-hard Halloween heads (yes, that’s what we call ourselves) get busy and end up having to whip together a fabulous costume just hours before the big night. For anyone still struggling to find their perfect costume, here are 10 must-download apps that are hauntingly helpful.
1. Amazon Prime Now: Free two-hour delivery? Now that’s busy gal approved. Shop for quick costume essentials with this handy service… heck, you can even pick up some takeout on the app for an all-nighter DIY session.
2. Beautylish: If you don’t have the time to DIY an elaborate costume, try transforming yourself with the power of makeup instead. On this cool app, browse trendy beauty looks, learn new tricks and even shop for must-have products. Yep, it’s pretty much foolproof.
3. Target: Ah, Target. How we love thee. From costumes-in-a-bag to stand-alone DIY must-haves, buy all your Halloween goodies on this super convenient app and have them shipped right to your door.
4. Taskrabbit: For the girl who doesn’t even have enough time to THINK about Halloween costumes, this cool service allows you to hire someone to do all the work for you. Simply describe the job you want done and hire a registered Tasker to start the search for the perfect Halloween ensemble.
5. Kmart: Kmart has perfected the art of quick purchasing and, yes, we’re a tad bit obsessed. Along with typical in-store pickup, Kmart makes it so you don’t even have to leave your car to get your shopping done with an In-Vehicle Pickup option. Drive-thru Halloween costumes? YAAAS!
6. Brit + Co: We’ll admit it, we’re super biased — but with everything from costume ideas using things you already own to one-item Halloween costumes, we’re certain that busy ladies everywhere can find the chic last-minute DIY costume of their dreams on our free-to-download app.
7. Party City: With tons of topical, classic and downright hilarious full and a-la-carte options, we love taking a virtual tour around this Halloween metropolis. Plus, if you use the app inside a physical Party City store, you get free ground shipping for up to 24 hours later.
8. Sephora to Go: Did you JUST run out of the perfect shade of blood red lipstick for your vamp costume? Don’t fret: Sephora allows you to easily reorder past purchases and shop right from in the app.
9. Craftsy: DIY lovers, it’s time to get craftsy. This app allows you to explore hundreds of online craft classes and thousands of project ideas from makers worldwide. AKA, you never have to play the Halloween edition of “who wore it better” with your frenemy ever again.
10. Face Painting Ideas: All you need for a good last-minute Halloween costume is some face paint and a good idea. Instead of searching through thousands of Instagram hashtags, this free face-painting app has tons of cool designs for the gal on the go.
DL It: Free on Android
BONUS. Ask Siri: If you’re really in a pinch, try asking Siri for some quick Halloween costume suggestions. Sure, you’ll probably get a dad joke answer in response… but hey, it might give you the strength to keep searching for your perfect Halloween getup ;)
Do you have your Halloween costume ready? Tweet us a pic by mentioning @BritandCo.