11 Crowdfunds of the Week That We NEED in Our Lives
There’s no getting around it: This week has been a doozy. From celebrating the highs of #NationalComingOutDay to getting another wave of heartbreaking political news with Trump’s Access Hollywood tapes, let’s just say we’re super glad that it’s time to brighten our spirits with this week’s hottest finds on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Without further ado, here are all the innovative new gadgets and products we can’t wait to spend our paycheck on.
1. Ecomo: Not all water bottles are created equally. This fancy app-synced bottle actually tests water quality with a single shake AND filters it with a simple twist. Yep, it’s really that easy.
2. Hickies 2.0: You don’t have to be friends with Doc Brown to get these cool Back to the Future inspired self-tying laces. Turning any lace-up shoe into a comfortable slip-on, you’ll never have to bend over and bunny ear ever again (hallelujah!).
3. MUG+: If you’re looking for a quirky holiday present for your tech-obsessed gal pal, look no further. This adorable mini product turns any mug into a high-quality speaker. Because what else would you do with your mug post hot cocoa?
4. Acteon: There’s nothing that grosses us out more at the gym than the disgusting stench of a well-used towel. That’s why the innovators at Acteon created an anti-bacterial gym towel that’s pretty, conveniently sized and (hold on to your hats!) doesn’t smell like a sweaty gym. You’re welcome in advance.
5. DIY Papercraft Kit: We love tackling a good DIY over the weekend, which is why we immediately swooned for DT Workshop’s latest papercraft DIY kit. Completely buildable without glue or scissors, the kit allows you to create stunning geometric papercrafts without the fuss of scavenging Pinterest for patterns or materials.
6. Nomad Micro Home: If you thought finding a home for under $30,000 was impossible, you’re going to be delightfully surprised with this cool Vancouver-based crowdfund. A ground-breaking and sustainable tiny house that you can easily assemble, it just might be the perfect incentive to finally start living that minimalistic life.
7. The Read n’ Style Pen: If you or someone you love struggles with dyslexia or a reading disability, this just might be the best stocking stuffer in the world. The Read n’ Style pen scans and reads text aloud through Bluetooth earbuds. Plus, it doesn’t store any information, so students can freely use it on tests without having to be monitored for cheating.
8. The N2M Bracelet: Being a Malaria survivor herself, Leeni Ojaniemi knows first-hand about the dangers of prevention and treatment. That’s why she created these beautiful hand-made “No 2 Malaria” bracelets that employ local artisans AND stop the spread of the deadly disease (each purchase gives a mosquito net to families in need).
9. The SHAMMANE Smartwatch: We love a good wearable as much as the next gal, but clunky design and unwearable colors are definitely a turn off. That’s why we’re obsessed with this new design by SHAMMANE — it’s timeless, practical and just plain chic.
10. Beau Nuage: It’s a universal fact: No one likes carrying a wet umbrella. Luckily, the folks at Beau Nuage created an innovative umbrella cover that ends the frustration of having to store a soggy umbrella in your bag. Consider us sold!
11. BLINCAM: From Google Glass to Snapchat’s Spectacles, wearable cameras are definitely on trend ATM. This fun version attaches to any pair of eyeglasses and captures photos by winking.
Are you funding any crowdfunds at the moment? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
(Feature photo via the SHAMMANE Smartwatch)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.