11 Times Pokemon Go Wreaked Complete Havoc on Relationships
Pokemon Go was released last week and the world just hasn’t been the same since, particularly for scorned S.O.’s the world over. Whoever said technology is good for relationships CLEARLY conducted their study pre-Pokemon, cause girlfriends and boyfriends alike are suddenly finding themselves taking a backseat to Squirtle, and they are NOT having it.
Taking to Twitter to express their (often hilarious!) frustrations, they’re channeling their pain into Tweets that we can’t help but be totally amused by (#sorrynotsorry). Below, we present 11 times Pokemon Go almost ruined it all — the horror!
Never did I think I'd be walking down the street with my boyfriend…catching Pokemon.
— Gideon Glick (@gidglick) July 10, 2016
1. When Devious Maids actor Gideon Glick reflected on where he might have gone wrong in life to end up here, proving even celebs aren’t immune to Pokemon woes.
I honestly never thought I'd ever have this thought… but how do U get ur boyfriend to like u more than Pokemon?
— vanilla spice (@Abigail_Hankins) July 11, 2016
2. When S.O.’s everywhere just weren’t quite sure how to handle all the sudden and unexpected competition.
Starting to think my boyfriend would rather be dating a Pokemon.
— Chelsea Davison (@chelsea_davison) July 11, 2016
3. When a once secure relationship was suddenly mired with doubt and suspicion.
when ur trying to be flirty but all ur boyfriend cares about is Pokemon 🙃 pic.twitter.com/AsbzgyYiGn
— heather tompkins (@Heather9863) July 11, 2016
4. When an attempt to flex sex appeal only seemed to backfire.
Having to stop your walk because your boyfriend is "catching Pokemon" 😐
— Emily (@E_Duff16) June 8, 2016
5. When it interrupted a romantic date.
My boyfriend made us late to our movie Bc there was "too many Pokemon's in the area"
— kelbs (@KelbyOwen) July 11, 2016
6. When it made it physically impossible to make it anywhere on time.
True Life: My Boyfriend Ditched Me In Home Depot To Catch Pokémon
— Zigg (@ZGAplease) July 10, 2016
7. When boyfriends started leaving girlfriends in the dust.
Went dress shopping w my boyfriend and he left me in the dressing Room to go catch Pokemon
— Rachel Karp (@RachelKarp16) July 10, 2016
8. Even when it was supposed to be all about them.
True Life: I Lost My Boyfriend to Pokemon Go.
— Troy Young (@ItsTroyYoung) July 11, 2016
9. When some lost their boyfriends entirely.
Wish my boyfriend loved me as much as he loves this new Pokemon game
— Kaitlyn Jastromb (@kjastromb8) July 10, 2016
10. When others longed to get that pre-Pokemon spark back.
Pokemon go is insane.. &My boyfriend is an idiot… pic.twitter.com/NcMeGSxqCb
— ρяιи¢єѕѕ ѕ (@Samanthaaaa04) July 11, 2016
11. And finally, when some were witness to… this.
Pokemon Go: Love it or hate it? Tell us over @BritandCo!