16 Creative Egg-Cessories You Need for Easter
What’s an egg-cessory you ask? Well it’s any vessel or gadget that can help the breakfast staple look as insanely creative plated on the Easter table as it does in its decorated shell. And if you ask us, these 16 quirky contraptions are as much of a must-have for the Bunny’s big day in April as they are on any given Sunday when you have the girls over for brunch. So crack into our list below!
1. Sunnyside Egg Mold ($10): This egg mold gives sunnyside a whole new meaning ;)
2. Fried Egg Cup ($18): Sprawling “whites” form an adorable dish that resembles none other than a fried egg. Add your soft boiled breakfast to the egg cup’s yolk and get to dippin’!
3. Crochet Egg Warmers Set of 6 ($70): We need to learn how to crochet JUST to make these amazing egg warmers. These egg sweaters are sold in a set of six, so every roommate can have their very own egg avatar (egg-atar?). Would you choose the ninja, the Angry Bird, or the turkey?
4. Ceramic Chick Egg White Separator ($15): LOL! This hilarious separator makes egg whites anything but boring. The yolk stays totally intact inside the chick’s tummy — reserve ‘em for later-that-day cooking.
6. Egg Pants ($6): If you’re not arriving to Easter Brunch pants-free, then don’t expect your egg to.
7. Fusionbrands PoachPod ($19): Love poached eggs but hate the hassle? This PoachPod is for you. The mess-free gadget keeps the whites perfectly round and when they’re fully cooked, the eggs pop right out of the silicone shell and onto the plate.
8. Donna Wilson Egg Cups ($19): These whimsical egg cups are sure to grab the kiddos’ attention through Sunday brunch and beyond — be warned, the same could easily happen to you!
9. Eggs Font ($98): OMG! We could actually spell OMG! IN EGGS! We need this at Brit HQ now.
10. Egg Mold by Kotobuki ($10): Just because a hard boiled egg is out of its shell doesn’t mean it can’t show some personality! This mold imprints the most darling bunny face. Perfect for Easter? We think so!
11. Henry Egg Cup ($32): Treat your egg like the culinary king it really is. Once we’re done with our mid-day snacking, we might just use this gilded crown as home decor. It’s so posh.
12. Yolkfish Egg Separator ($20): If you want to get your daughter involved in your baking game, tell her this fish blows out the egg yolks like bubbles. If you want to get your son to help out, tell him this fish pukes out the egg yolks. Simple as that.
14. 12 Egg Crate ($8): Toss that cardboard carton, asap! This reusable wire egg tray is the only one your modern kitchen will need.
15. Rosie Egg Topper ($22): This egg top cracker promises an even cut every time, guaranteeing that you’ll never bite down on a rogue egg shell again. As frequent brunch hostesses, we’ll buy into that pitch.
16. Muse Egg Cups ($48): Soft boiled for him, hard boiled for her. These egg cups ensure that the right egg goes to the right half of the happy couple.
Do you own any of these egg-cessories? Which would you buy to amp up your brunch game? What other kitchen gadgets have caught your eye lately? Tell us in the comments below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.