5 Clock Docks That’ll Make Your Nightstand Rock
Two questions: What wakes you up in the morning? And what's the first thing you do? If you're like us at Brit & Co., your iPhone is your alarm clock and the first thing you do is scan your email, Path, Twitter, and Facebook to see what went on in the world while you were in sleep mode. So maybe it's time to ditch the random cord you have awkwardly taped to your nightstand and give your iPhone a bedside home that actually looks good.
At this point, there are hundreds of fun, fancy, and functional iPhone docks. Some charge. Some don't. Some give your iPhone a spot to stand on that kind of makes it look like a symphony conductor. And some magically manage to blend your beloved iPhone into a design aesthetic that suits your home, are a pleasure to wake up to, and make sure your iPhone is charged and ready to go as soon as you are.
1. Retro Docking Station ($50): First up, we have a classic retro clock shape that incorporates the iPod rather whimsically. It wake you up with your favorite tunes, and the built-in speakers provide rockin' tunes all morning long. And there's a snooze button!
2. Areaware Alarm Dock ($30): We love this one so much that we've already written about it. But, since it's an alarm clock that embraces analog design, here we are praising it again. This time, we're all about the black flip clock and it's sleek retro look. One important note about this dock is that you use your own charger to power it. You simply pull it through the back of the dock, and you're good to go.
3. iLive Clock Radio ($50): Similar to the first dock but with a much more digital 80s-era look, the iLive charges your iPhone and connects to your phone's clock, so you never have you set your clock again. The free downloadable app includes new clock designs, FM radio, and more.
4. The CDock ($70): Like the Areaware, this clock embraces the flip clock aesthetic. We love the wood grain! And love the idea of using this is as a super mini flat screen TV. ;)
5. Day Maker iPhone Alarm Toaster ($125): And finally, an alarm clock that really pops! ;) The Day Maker is a double charging iPhone dock (perfect for all couples) that turns your iPhone into a piece of toast. No, it doesn't cook your iPhone but it does take the playfulness of a toaster pop and apply it to an iPhone doc. When it's time to wake up, your iPhone pops up and plays your favorite wake-up tunes. To snooze, simply push it back in the toaster and savor nine more minutes of slumber. If all goes well on Kickstarter, the Day Maker will ship in early 2013.
What's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Got a stylish alarm clock dock we might dig? Leave us a note in the comments below or find us on Twitter.