5-Minute Meals: 9 Easy Lunches That’ll Change Your Work Life
We’re all a bunch of busy bees these days. So busy, in fact, that we’ve finally (and begrudgingly) said “so long” to the elusive hour-long lunch. Sigh. But just because we’re short on time doesn’t mean we should settle for pre-made sammies. Our One-Mug Meal article was a hit, and now we’re back with a few more quick, make-in-the-office recipes that are perfect for even the shortest of lunch breaks. All you’ll need is a handful of minutes and a microwave!
1. Pear and Blue Cheese Flatbread: Never have a boring lunch again! A microwave or toaster oven will cook up this heavenly combo of pears, blue cheese and microgreens in 5-7 minutes flat. (via Clementine Daily)
4. White Bean and Tomato Soup: Forget about spending hours in the kitchen making the perfect tomato soup. This easy take on the tummy-warming classic requires only four ingredients, a microwave and 3 to 4 minutes of your time. (via The Stone Soup)
5. Microwave Powerbowl Frittata: This egg white frittata is loaded with carrots, zucchini and quinoa. We’re thinking about topping it off with a few slices of fresh avocado to make it extra powerful! (via The Little Honey Bee)
6. Chickpea Kettle Soup: Make this super healthy soup using just a hot water kettle (or boiling water from wherever you can get it)! Plus, this recipes comes with numerous variations so you can switch things up. (via The Stone Soup)
7. Pita Pizza: We had to include a 5-minute pizza recipe in here because — let’s be real — we all have those days when the only thing that will make us happy is bread topped with tomato sauce and lots of cheese. (via Brunch Time Baker)
What do you like to whip up for lunch when you’ve only got a few minutes to spare? Share it with us below!