5-Minute Meals: 9 Easy Lunches That’ll Change Your Work Life
We’re all a bunch of busy bees these days. So busy, in fact, that we’ve finally (and begrudgingly) said “so long” to the elusive hour-long lunch. Sigh. But just because we’re short on time doesn’t mean we should settle for pre-made sammies. Our One-Mug Meal article was a hit, and now we’re back with a few more quick, make-in-the-office recipes that are perfect for even the shortest of lunch breaks. All you’ll need is a handful of minutes and a microwave!
1. Pear and Blue Cheese Flatbread: Never have a boring lunch again! A microwave or toaster oven will cook up this heavenly combo of pears, blue cheese and microgreens in 5-7 minutes flat. (via Clementine Daily)
4. White Bean and Tomato Soup: Forget about spending hours in the kitchen making the perfect tomato soup. This easy take on the tummy-warming classic requires only four ingredients, a microwave and 3 to 4 minutes of your time. (via The Stone Soup)
5. Microwave Powerbowl Frittata: This egg white frittata is loaded with carrots, zucchini and quinoa. We’re thinking about topping it off with a few slices of fresh avocado to make it extra powerful! (via The Little Honey Bee)
6. Chickpea Kettle Soup: Make this super healthy soup using just a hot water kettle (or boiling water from wherever you can get it)! Plus, this recipes comes with numerous variations so you can switch things up. (via The Stone Soup)
7. Pita Pizza: We had to include a 5-minute pizza recipe in here because — let’s be real — we all have those days when the only thing that will make us happy is bread topped with tomato sauce and lots of cheese. (via Brunch Time Baker)
What do you like to whip up for lunch when you’ve only got a few minutes to spare? Share it with us below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)