It’s our fave time of year, filled with long days, sunshine, and lots of time spent outside doing *all* the outdoor things. Even if your garden is already planted, there’s still time to kick it up a notch. And thanks to Pinterest, we know what’s actually worth trying! Scroll down for five garden trends that we’re going to try STAT. For more seasonal inspo, check out the full summer entertaining board here.
1. Garden in a Can: No yard? No problem. Growing herbs on your windowsill looks cute and is great for easy cooking access. (via Kendra Castillo)
2. Aloe Vera Gardening: It’s time to incorporate this medicinal plant into your life — its robust leaves will add a funky cool texture and its gel soothes sunburns. (via Gardening Know How)
3. High-Tech Gardening: Garden sensors are gaining popularity, and we can see why. These revolutionary tools actually measure your soil’s, well, everything (think moisture, fertility, temp, etc.), and then send the info to your phone. No more over- or under-watering! (via Design Milk)
4. Plants You Can’t Kill: Embroider these gorgeous plants and add a pop of greenery to your home decor without the stress of watering. These also make great gifts for the non-green thumbs in your life. (via Instructables)
5. Kid- and Drought-Friendly Landscaping. Nothing beats a backyard that’s low maintenance and beautiful! Whether you’re surprising the kiddos with a fun new play zone or you just want fewer headaches, using paver stones, sand or gravel, and drought-resistant plants looks great and requires much less upkeep. (via Coo Architecture)
Love everything green? Follow us on Pinterest for more plant trends and inspo!