When the days are still long and sunny, it’s a shame to be stuck inside. From hanging out and getting some work done in your tiny outdoor space to experimenting with backyard camping, we’re all in favor of moving your usual daily activities into the great outdoors. Whether you favor yoga workouts or crazy-hard HIIT, your workout can get in on the action too. All of these routines require minimal to no equipment, so you can easily just pick a scenic spot and not have to lug a ton of props around. Find a park, backyard or driveway and get sweating.
1. 45 Minute Bodyweight Bootcamp Workout You Can Do Anywhere: Start your week off right with this full-on hardcore bootcamp workout. Trainer Adam Rosante does an awesome job of providing a thorough warm up and cool down, which helps you avoid injury and improve mobility. The same circuit is repeated multiple times, allowing you to get the hang of it and get better at the exercises with each round. (via PopSugar Fitness)
2. Poolside Workout: Mondays are hard. You deserve a short yet effective workout today, so we’re recommending this super fun one from trainers Karena and Katrina. FYI, you don’t need a pool for this five-minute total body sweat sesh. In fact, you don’t need any equipment at all, making it easy to do pretty much anytime, anywhere. (via Tone It Up)
3. Lower Body Barre Workout for Sculpted Legs: This leg-focused workout lets you barre so hard with any railing you can find. Autumn’s no-nonsense approach is really motivating and encouraging, and she provides some great tips for finding a makeshift barre outside the gym. You’ll definitely feel the burn, but it’ll be over before you know it. Promise! (via Autumn Calabrese)
4. Endurance Workout: Evolution 20 — Christine Bullock: Grab a yoga mat and find a grassy patch for this 20-minute workout that helps build your endurance. Apologies in advance for all those mountain climbers, but you’ll feel so good after. (via BeFit)
5. 9 Minute Standing Ab Series With Towel: It might look a little silly to work out with a towel, but trust us, it’s harder than it seems. This short ab series is perfect for doing outside because you don’t have to lay down the way you would for most ab-centric workouts. A fully-standing setup means no dirt on your cute activewear. (via JessicaSmithTV)
6. Tabata Extreme Workout: This workout is pretty intense, but totally worth it. You’ll need a set of super light weights and will be treated to everything from jumping switch lunges to a fun back-to-front kick combo move. Get ready to HIIT it. (via GymRa)
7. Let It Go Yoga: This gentle 30-minute yoga practice is exactly what you’ll need after an intense week of workouts! Instructor Tara Stiles guides you through a low-key (but still slightly sweaty) series of poses. Take a cue from the video and do this flow at sunrise or sunset somewhere with an amazing view for ultimate relaxation. (via CosmoBody)
Do you love exercising outside? Snap a sweaty selfie and tag us @BritandCo!
(Feature photo via Getty)