26 ’90s Group Halloween Costumes You and Your Squad Should Dress Up As
When it comes to creating a killer group Halloween costume, choosing something from the ’90s is usually a sure-win. But with ’90s trends fully back in style (read: choker necklaces, the revival of Delia’s, light-up sneakers, should we go on?) it can be a little hard to tell whether you’re actually rocking a ’90s costume or just normal clothes. This year, we vote you skip the Fresh Prince costume and instead go for one of these group costume ideas that offer just as much nostalgia but with a little extra oomph for your whole squad.
1. Rugrats: With recent talk of a Rugrats revival, the time to dress as your favorite kids’ cartoon is definitely now. Take a hint from Mae Whitman, Sarah Ramos, Alia Shawkat and Michael Angarano and go full ’90s on this thing. (Photo via Funny or Die)
3. Twin Peaks Cast: Is this cult classic actually coming back or not?! Who knows. What we do know for certain is that the characters make for some killer Halloween costumes. (Photo via Welcome to Twin Peaks)
4. Powerpuff Girls: Because who can forget about our favorite adventure-loving ’90s superheroes? Not only is this costume super recognizable, but it’s also really easy to put together. (via Pinterest)
11. Trolls: There’s a reason this adorable group look has made several of our top costume roundups. Not only is it super easy to coordinate, but you can also include all your friends with bright pops of color from those insane wigs. (via American Apparel)
14. Wayne’s World: Okay, so technically this is a couple’s costume BUT if you have a third friend who wants to join in on the fun they could totally dress up as Wayne and Garth’s super gorgeous rocker friend Cassandra . (Photo via Brit + Co)
15. The Sanderson Sisters: It’s just not Halloween without a healthy dose of Hocus Pocus. Our favorite Halloween movie comes to life beautifully in costume form, and we can’t wait to give it a try! (Photo via @areized)
Are you dressing up in throwback style this Halloween? Share your ideas with us in the comments below.