Breaking out blows. Whether you’re treating period skin or just dealing with pesky pimples, having blemishes that are on full display is not quite what we envision for our lives. But concealing unwanted acne is a tricky business — it can come off looking too obvious or even worsening the situation. Thankfully, there’s a slew of foundations and concealers that are packed with ingredients that have the power to totally change your complexion for the better. Scroll down for seven picks that hide and heal.
1. Almay Clear Complexion Pressed Powder ($13): Aloe and chamomile calm angry, irritated breakouts and help to balance out redness, while the mineral complex keeps you shine-free all day long.
2. BareMinerals Blemish Remedy Concealer ($23): Fully conceal any active acne or post-blemish scarring with this handy treatment. Aspen bark, tea tree oil, and a peptide complex keep your face flawless, and the twist-up pencil means that you’ll never have to sharpen this bad boy.
3. Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup ($28): Free of oil and full of medicated, acne-fighting ingredients, this foundation is your one-stop-shop for complexion perfection. It easily smoothes over uneven tones, keeps blemishes at bay, and prevents pimples from making an unwelcome return.
4. Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder ($12): Oily, congested pores stand no chance against this maximum-strength powder. It serves up actual breakout-busting medicine in the form of a gentle formula that keeps you fresh-faced while you heal.
5. Proactiv Repairing Concealer Quad ($30): This versatile concealer pack makes your zits borderline invisible as Proactiv’s reparative solution tackles the problem at its source.
6. E.l.f. Cosmetics Acne Fighting Foundation ($6): If you’re prone to acne, you know that full-coverage foundation is essential. This lightweight, affordable buy completely conceals imperfections while salicylic acid, witch hazel, tea tree, and aloe do your skin a solid.
7. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakout ($28): A drying-lotion-meets-concealer is basically a skin-saving miracle product. If you have active breakouts that need attention, a couple dabs of this powerful treatment will do the trick.