51 Grown-Up Versions of the Lunch Box
Whether you’re cutting back on lunch spending costs or just looking for a little snack inspiration to brighten up your nine-to-five, these very stylish lunch boxes are the key to lunch bliss that beats even Pizza Fridays. We know, sometimes it can be a challenge doing all the prep work, but maybe having a box this cute will inspire you to eat healthier and kick your fast food habits. Here are some very cool lunch boxes that will have you proudly packing a bento box lunch to work or school. Bonus: Grab a reusable ice pack to throw in your bag, box, or cooler to really keep things chill.
1. Kate Spade New York Lunch Tote ($32): Keep it classy with this understated but refined lunch tote. We think polka dots make everything better.
2. Mziart Insulated Lunch Bag ($9): This cactus print is enough to make us look forward to packing a lunch in the morning. The foil lining promises to keep your snackage nice and chilly all day.
3. Marlowe Waxed Canvas Lunch Bag ($44+): This is not your grade school lunch bag. These elegant, reusable bags even come with a little pocket where you can include a surprise love note if you’re packing a lunch for your boo or your kin.
4. BentoHeaven Leakproof Bento Box ($24): Pretty and well-designed, this Bento setup is completely leak-proof and also really cute (we love the bamboo). But our favorite aspect may be the free lunch notes that come along with the box. Whether you’re packing lunch for your kids, an S.O., or yourself, write a little note to put a smile on their face. Even if it’s your own!
5. BALORAY Lunch Bag Tote Bag ($14): This lightweight tote bag is made with a waterproof and dirt-proof cotton and is roomy enough to fit your lunch as well as a whole day’s worth of snacks. The stylish stripes also allow it to be repurposed for an everyday tote or makeup bag.
6. MIER Insulated Lunch Bag ($18): If you’re someone who likes to have both cold and hot food for lunch, this roomy insulated two-leveled lunch bag will help you keep those items separate. There’s a top “dry” section and a bottom leakproof compartment, and it also comes with a handy shoulder strap.
7. Fluf Organic Cotton Lunch Bag ($22): Go green with this adorable lunch bag made from organic cotton. With a fitting text graphic, this container will have everyone wishing they packed a lunch too. Plus, it’s machine washable just in case you forget to put the lid back on your drink.
8. The Pioneer Woman Insulated Lunch Bag And Water Bottle ($20): Get a taste of that ranch life with The Pioneer Woman’s insulated lunch tote, which comes with a matching mini bag and water bottle.
9. Srise Insulated Lunch Bag ($15): This insulated, waterproof, and foldable lunch box is made with high-density oxford cloth and non-toxic aluminum foil. There is a large compartment for your main meal as well as front and back pockets to store utensils or extra snacks.
10. Bentgo Eco-Friendly Lunch Container ($15): The perfect way to travel with salad, this container has separate compartments for all of your toppings. It also comes complete with a matching fork for a very stress-free lunch break.
11. HOMESPON Reusable Lunch Bag ($14): Simple and stylish, the HOMESPON reusable lunch bag is also roomy enough to fit an entire’s day worth of food and then some.
12. Snitsla Design Bento Lunch Box Set ($30): This lunch box set comes with two stackable containers, cutlery, and a sauce jar to let you pack a full array of meal options. It also comes with a compact lunch bag for easy transport.
13. Lifewit Insulated Lunch Box ($20): The only thing better than one thermal lunch box is two thermal lunch boxes. Grab this set of two fabric bags and you’ll have both a small and large option for yourself or to share.
14. Fit & Fresh Insulated Lunch Bag ($17): This roll-top waxed canvas lunch bag is a step up from your old brown paper version. The included reusable and non-toxic ice pack fits in an interior pocket to keep your food cool.
15. Lego Lunch Box ($15+): Embrace your inner kid with this fun lunch box shaped like a giant LEGO piece. Having a box this playful might inspire us to play with our food a little more.
16. 4 Tier Indian-Tiffin Box ($10): Take a modern twist on a classic design with this tiered set inspired by century-old vessels from northern India. The interlocking tins are perfect for your multi-course lunch.
17. Lifefactory Food Storage Cups ($13): If you don’t mind everyone seeing what you brought for lunch, check out these cool glass lunch containers. Not only is the silicone cover super colorful, it also protects the glass bowl from breaking in case of dropping.
18. Black+Blum Lunch Pot ($25): Complete with a spork and a carrying strap, this is what a perfect lunch should look like. Each part of the two-pot canister has a watertight locking seal and is microwave and dishwasher-safe.
19. PackIt Freezable Lunch Bag ($15): This foldable lunch bag has freezable gel built in, so there’s no need to carry a separate ice pack, and your food will stay chilled for hours. It comes in a variety of patterns and colors, including this fun watermelon print.
20. MIRA Lunch Jar ($16): Tired of lukewarm soups and pastas? This stainless steel Insulated thermos will keep your homemade lunch hot for up to five hours or cold for up to 10.
21. BUILT NY Black Neoprene Gourmet Getaway Zippered Lunch Tote ($20): If you’re looking for something clean and practical, here’s the option for you. This little black neoprene tote is compact, machine-washable, and insulated.
22. Rubbermaid LunchBlox Lunch Bag ($10): Your sandwich boxes will fit nicely in this lightweight lunch bag. It also comes with a side bottle holder and compartment for utensils.
23. Fred & Friends Insulated Lunch Bag ($14): Although this little bag looks like the plastic version you get with takeout, it’s actually made with a strong synthetic paper and a magnetic closure, making it reusable and environmentally friendly. Thank you, indeed.
24. Aladdin Insulated Lunch Box ($25): With the promise that it will keep your food cold for three hours, this box is perfect for salads and sandwiches.
25. Mustard and Co. Bento Lunch Box ($24): Make lunchtime fun again. This throwback bento box gives us all kinds of nostalgia.
26. Smart Planet Collapsible Eco Meal Kit ($12): This cute portioned tray collapses for easier storage, so you can toss it in your purse after lunch. It even comes with a condiment lid so you can keep your dressing separate.
27. HemingWeigh Insulated Lunch Bag ($32): This bad boy isn’t kidding around. Not only can you fit three plastic food storage containers inside, it also contains a separate compartment for fruit (or an ice pack) AND a side pocket for drinks.
28. Black+Blum Thermo Pot ($42): Take lunch to a whole new level of sophistication with this sleek thermos with a spoon that attaches to the side via a magnet. Don’t think you have to only eat soup though — it’ll keep your drinks and salads cold for just as long.
29. LunchBots Trio Stainless Container ($39): Forget those soggy bread balls you get when you wrap your sandwich in plastic wrap — this box promises you the perfect sandwich every time. This metal lunchbox is a great container for smaller meals and snacks like crackers and cheese or celery and peanut butter.
30. Fluf Zipper Lunch Bag ($29): This camo bag will keep your food nice and secure with its zippered top. There’s also an interior pocket for a water bottle or ice pack.
31. Stanley Classic Vacuum Food Jar ($28): Go old school with a classic steel thermos. It’s roomy enough (24 oz.) to hold your lunch, and it’s durable enough to take on the road.
32. YETI Rambler Stainless Steel Colster ($25): You’ve relied on a durable YETI cooler for a beach or backyard party. Now grab a trusty YETI product you can pack in your work bag — this 12 oz. rambler has double-wall vacuum insulation and will keep your lunch cold (or hot) until you’re ready to enjoy it.
33. Hurrise Insulated Lunch Bag ($8): This striped bag isn’t just about looks — it’s also super functional with a roomy boxy design.
34. Colony Co. Waxed Canvas Lunch Bag ($32): For traditionalists who love a good brown paper bag, this is the solution for you. This bag is made from durable, vegan-friendly, water-resistant waxed canvas and is a nice upgrade from your grade school version.
35. LunchBots Duplex Insulated Lunch Bag ($30): Gray and pink is a classic color combo and an insulated liner ensures everything stays cold. We also love that it’s big enough to carry your lunch as well as utensils and a bottle of water or two.
36. Useful Collapsible Silicon Bento Box ($13, Set of 2): This cleverly designed double compartment silicon bento box collapses as soon as you’re done with it, making it easily packable in any bag or kitchen cabinet. It also comes with a two-sided spork that snaps into the lid.
37. Mercier Kitchen Bento Box With Cutlery Set ($18): You can never have too many bento boxes, and this leak-proof, microwave-safe two compartment version has a price point that won’t break the bank.
38. Rubbermaid Sistema Bento Lunch To Go ($10+): These compartmentalized plastic boxes allow you to keep lunch items neatly organized. It’s ideal for transporting a sandwich and sides.
39. Planetbox Lunchbox Set ($80): We’re loving the return to more traditional materials like stainless steel to carry and transport food. This high-quality box is a safe, reusable, and a really cool looking alternative to the plastic lunchbox. Plus, you can decorate it with magnets.
40. Omiebox Bento Box ($40): This hard plastic box boasts a game-changing, vacuum insulated bowl that promises to keep cold yogurt cold and hot soups hot. There are also several leakproof compartments. Although, for those of us unwilling to give up our PB+J, the bowl can be removed for a sandwich spot.
41. Kipling Kichirou Lunch Bag ($50): Those extra long work days require extra snacks. This bag comes in a variety of colors and is big enough to hold several shifts’ worth of snacking.
42. Yumbox Leakproof Bento Lunchbox ($33): Pack healthy portions of food in minutes with this divided lunch box. With a total volume of three cups plus dip, you’re sure to be able to fit in enough food to get you through the day.
43. Rubbermaid Lunchbox Kit ($8): If you’re one of those people that prefers little snacks throughout the day, check out these brightly colored little containers to keep all your trail mix and fruit from falling to the bottom of your purse.
44. Hello Kitty Bento Box ($20, Two Sets): Who says Hello Kitty is just for kids? If you never outgrew your love of Sanrio, these adorable and stackable bento boxes will bring a smile to your face every day you pack lunch.
45. ECOlunchbox Three-in-One Stainless Steel Food Container Set ($30): This plastic-free stainless steel set of three containers fits perfectly together so you can take three dishes on the go. Basically, you can put a sammie (or other main course) in the largest container, and two sides in the smaller ones.
46. Fluf Big Lunch Organic Cotton Lunch Bag ($25): Carry all your grub in this roomy eco-friendly bag (the larger version of the original Fluf lunch bag). It’s machine washable and folds up easily for packing.
47. Ospard Stackable Bento Box ($18): Leak proof and super easy to clean, this pretty pink lunchbox *almost* looks like a thermos. It’s is a testament to how well-insulated it is.
48. BNTO Canning Jar Adaptor ($12): We love the fact that we can use classy glass jars to layer our lunches, but with this adaptor, you keep things like salad dressing or yogurt from making your lunch a soggy mess by noon.
49. The Pioneer Woman Flea Market 4-Piece Food Container Set ($15): Lovers of vintage will adore this set of four flea market-inspired lunch containers. The floral patterns will make your lunch look anything but boring.
50. Arricastle Lunch Bag ($11): This light cloth bag has aluminum insulation and a front pocket to hold your phone or other small valuables.
51. Bramli Salad Kit ($28, Set of 2): You’ll never have to eat a soggy salad again with this incredible container. Not only does it keep your greens fresh, but it also comes with a separate container for dressing and a fork which both snap into the lid.
Looking for more lunchspiration? Follow us on Pinterest!
Additional reporting by Lesley Chen.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.