6 Best-Selling Amazon Prime Kitchen Items for Thoughtful, Last-Minute Gifting
There are many reasons to stock your kitchen via Amazon. You don’t have to brave traffic or cut off your circulation carrying overflowing bags. Best of all, you can rely on comments and reviews curated by thousands of other people rather than sheer gut to score the right product. This year, Amazon Prime users raved about six particular kitchen items, from pans to mini fridges. Even if you’re all shopped out from the holidays, don’t feel guilty buying one or two based on their stellar ratings — for yourself or a loved one. They probably would have ended up in your shopping cart anyway.
1. Lodge 10.25-Inch Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet ($15): Essential for any home cook, this trusty skillet has been reviewed more than 11,000 times. Available in nine sizes, its pre-seasoned exterior allows food to brown beautifully without sticking. With each use, it becomes more non-stick and can be passed down from one generation to the next. It’s heavy, but the handles on both sides make it easy to use on the stove, in the oven, or even over a campfire.
2. T-fal 5-Quart Sauté Pan Jumbo Cooker with Lid ($17): One of our favorite brands for nonstick cookware, this durable and easy-to-clean pan is ideal for everyday use. Its large cooking surface and deep sides make cooking for a crowd a breeze, while its vented lid keeps liquids from boiling over in case you take your eyes off the stove for a bit. The pan is also made of aluminum, which retains heat evenly and can cook anything from a fried egg to braised meat with expertise.
3. Calphalon Set of 10-Inch and 12-Inch Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Cookware ($38): Calphalon created the original hard-anodized aluminum (Read: 80 percent harder than stainless steel, so crazy durable) cookware, so this pan duo means business. Three layers of nonstick coating allow food to slide around the surfaces with ease, which means you can save a few calories by cooking with less oil.
4. Danby 120-Can Beverage Center ($200): If you can’t store actual food in your fridge because canned drinks have taken it over, you just might want to invest in this three-foot-tall beverage center. Its glass door and stainless steel trim fit into any sleek space, and its lock-and-key system ensures that no one will swipe your La Croix.
5. Opal Nugget Ice Maker ($435): Ice connoisseurs everywhere have deemed this a miracle machine, for it creates what is known as “Sonic ice,” or highly chewable, melt-in-your-mouth nuggets of frozen water. The Opal is pricey, but it fits on a countertop and automatically senses when it’s time to make more ice, so you’ll never have to go on a mid-party ice run again.
6. Danby Compact Refrigerator ($134): Just over two feet tall, this mini fridge fits neatly on the counter or the floor. Its space for tall bottles and slanted “beverage dispenser” make it easy to store and grab any size drink, while its removable shelves mean you can squeeze anything from a watermelon to a deep casserole dish in the main compartment.