The quickest way to make a bland meal into a something flavor-packed and craveable is simple — just add sausage. Well-seasoned, spicy, packed with flavorful fats and meaty protein, sausage can be crumbled, sauteed, or sliced and added to almost anything. Sure, you can try making your own from scratch, or cook them on the grill if you don’t feel like turning the stove on. But when it comes to big flavor, you can’t do better than andouille sausage, the Louisiana Cajun links made from pork, garlic, wine, and lots of spices. These 15 tongue-tingling recipes are so satisfying and savory, you’ll never have trouble deciding what to make for dinner on busy nights again.
1. Chicken Andouille Naan Pizza: Change up pizza night with this Cajun fusion naan flatbread. It’s topped with all the accoutrements you’d find on a loaded andouille dog, including jalapeños and lots of mustard. (via Climbing Grier Mountain)
2. Potato and Kale Soup With Andouille: This take on caldo verde swaps Portuguese chouriço for andouille. The result is a smokier, spicer soup that tastes indulgent in spite of its healthy portion of dark leafy greens. (via Healthy Seasonal Recipes)
3. One-Pot Andouille Sausage Skillet Pasta: Once you master one-pot pastas on your own, you’ll never turn to the boxed stuff again. This recipe is a complete meal in one, saving you clean-up time and the stress of managing multiple burners on the stove top as you cook. (via Damn Delicious)
4. Beef and Barley Soup With Andouille Sausage: Give your old recipe for beef and barley soup an overhaul with the simple addition of Louisiana sausage, which adds an intriguing hit of spiciness to the broth. (via The Suburban Soapbox)
5. Tin Foil Jambalaya Foil Packets: Meat, rice, and veggies are all cooked together in these easy foil packets. It’s a great recipe for camping, but it works just as well in your oven or on the grill. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
6. One-Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo: Creamy pasta Alfredo is a classic comfort food, but it can be a little bland. Liven it up and cut through the richness by adding in spicy, smokey sausage and ripe diced tomatoes. (via Countryside Cravings)
7. Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice: An Instant Pot gives your dinner all the flavor of a long, slow simmer, but in a fraction of the time. It makes quick work of this classic dish of red beans and rice. (via A Pinch of Healthy)
8. One-Pot Jambalaya Soup: Boxed jambalaya mix is surprisingly tasty when used as the base for this hearty soup. Adding shrimp, chicken, and andouille, along with plenty of veggies, transforms the ingredients for a meal that tastes totally homemade. (via Going for Grace)
9. Charleston Shrimp and Grits: Creamy grits are a perfect sponge for soaking up big flavors. Top off a big bowl of them with a brothy mixture of shrimp, sausage, and bacon — and cheddar cheese, if you’re feeling extra hungry. (via Spiced)
10. One-Pot Creole Shrimp Boil: Cover your picnic table with newspaper and get ready for a feast. Cook this meal in a big pot, then strain it and serve the ingredients right on the newspaper, with melted butter, lots of lemon wedges, the reserved broth for dipping, and crusty garlic bread on the side. (via Aberdeen’s Kitchen)
12. Cajun Turkey With Spicy Stuffing: Fluffy, savory stuffing is even more irresistible when it’s flavored with andouille sausage. It’s the perfect accompaniment to a spice-blackened Cajun turkey. (via Kellie Rice Cakes)
14. Cajun Burgers: The all-American burger is even more delicious when it incorporates some tasty regional ingredients. The beef itself is seasoned with Cajun spices, then loaded up with andouille, cheddar cheese, and sautéed peppers. (via Lemon Blossoms)
15. Radish, Chickpea, Lentil, and Sausage Salad: This salad is chock full of nutritious veggies and legumes, but just a bit of sausage brings a deeper, more satisfying flavor to each bite. (via Mighty Delicious)
For more bold dinner ideas, follow us on Pinterest.