15 Dinner Recipes *Instantly* Made Better With Sausage
When your favorite meals begin to fall flat, robust and flavorful sausage can lend the boost they need. No, they’re not just for pigs in a blanket or stuffing. Whether you make them at home or buy in the store, sausages can add a healthy amount of protein and flavor to a variety of dishes. These 15 recipes prove that when it comes to making a tasty dinner, nothing does it better than sausage.
2. Minestrone Soup With Sausage: Minestrone soup is a veggie-filled meal that’s a favorite of kids and adults alike. Italian chicken sausage deepens the flavor, leaving you reaching for a second bowl. (via Laughing Spatula)
3. Sauerkraut and Dumplings With Kielbasa: Rich, meaty sausage is a natural pairing with tart sauerkraut. This time, skip the buns and opt for fluffy, comforting dumplings instead. (via Fox Valley Foodie)
4. Sausage Lasagna Cups: Wonton wrappers make quick work of these mini lasagnas. Stuff them with meat, cheese, and sauce for a dish that’s great at parties or just a fun meal at home. (via Glitter and Bubbles)
5. Brazilian Black Beans and Rice: Beans and rice seem like a no-frills meal until you realize what it’s flavored with. Juicy linguiça and bacon add a wallop of smoke and salt to the pot, for a meal that’s humble, but still delicious. (via Mutt & Chops)
6. Pasta With Italian Sausage, Kale, and Mushrooms: Spicy, salty sausage has the necessary oomph to stand up to hearty greens like kale. Toss the two with sautéed mushrooms, pasta, and grated cheese for a wholesome dish. (via Gimme Some Oven)
7. Sausage Pesto Stuffed Peppers: Low-carb dining doesn’t have to be dull. These roasted peppers pack a double dose of flavor thanks to bold sausage and herbaceous pesto, with a layer of melted cheese on top for a touch of decadence. (via The Salty Marshmallow)
9. Pasta Puttanesca With Roasted Sausages: Get a restaurant-quality meal in under an hour with this recipe. Roast sausage until crispy, add it to a sauce loaded with olives, capers, and fire-roasted tomatoes, then ladle over a heap of pasta. (via Kellie Rice Cakes)
10. Sausage Asparagus Pasta Bake: Sometimes the easiest way to add more vegetables to your diet is to include them in dishes you already love. This baked pasta recipe with sausage is the best way to enjoy spring asparagus. (via Buy This Cook That)
11. Creamy Kale, Sausage, and Potato Soup: Tender potatoes and bright green kale are delicious in this creamy soup. A hint of spiciness from sausage livens up the dish, so it doesn’t feel too heavy. (via Erica Julson)
12. BBQ Shrimp and Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner: Brush barbecue sauce over a sheet pan of roasted corn, shrimp, potatoes, and sausage. It’s all the flavor and fun of a cookout, without having to worry about cleaning up the grill. (via The Creative Bite)
13. One-Pot Tomato Pesto Orzo: If you’re tired of one-pot rice, give this recipe a try. It uses orzo to create a meal that’s quick but satisfying, thanks to a tomato-pesto sauce and lots of chunky sausage. (via The Grey Bell)
14. Sheet Pan Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, Asparagus, and Sausage: Getting dinner on the table is easy when you have recipes like this sheet pan sausage and veggie meal in your arsenal. It hits all the marks, boasting great flavor and a ton of nutritive value too. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
15. Sausage, Pepper, and Rice Skillet: Channel the flavors of jambalaya without all the work in this sausage and rice skillet. In just 30 minutes, you’ll have a tasty dinner on the table. (via Life Made Simple)
For more delicious dinners, follow us on Pinterest.