10 Apps That Will Help You Dominate Festival Season
It’s that beautiful time of year when boho chic meets hipster and age is nothing but a number. Yep, it’s festival season. Between picking out the perfect outfits, coordinating schedules and managing a full road trip, there is a lot of behind-the-scenes work that can go into a carefree event. Luckily, there is always an app for that. Take some time to load your phone up with all of these necessary and life-saving apps ahead of time and you’ll be ready to take on whatever comes your way from noon to midnight.
1. Saqsuatch Festival App: Just about every festival has a designated app providing all of the festival happenings. You never know when a shortcut from their map might make the difference between front row and back of the crowd. (Free on iOS and Android)
2. WaterIn: Between the heat, long days and massive crowds, you can often become dehydrated without even realizing it. Let your phone keep track for you with an app that will schedule reminders to drink water throughout the day (and night). (Free on iOS and Android)
3. Brit + Co : We love festival season for so many reasons, but mainly because it’s full of amazing outfits, DIY projects and pure fun. Our app provides a variety of looks and hairstyles that will have you showing up like an on-trend festival goddess. (Free on iOS and Android)
4. Find My Friends: When you’re trying to coordinate a variety of personalities and interests, you can get lost from your core group in a second. This app is designed for choosing a meeting place without even agreeing upon one. (Free on iOS and Android)
5. Wunderlist: It’s a fact that simply planning happy hour between a group of friends can turn into a fiasco. Coordinate your schedules in one simple app and you’ll know exactly who is seeing what show and when. This is when being Type A can come in mighty handy. (Free on iOS and Android)
6. Red Cross First Aid: For those minor injuries, it never hurts to have the know-how of what to do at your fingertips. However, in a true emergency don’t even hesitate to call 911 or find the festival medics. (Free on iOS and Android)
7. Periscope: Twitter’s latest live streaming app is connecting us with our social community in a whole new way. Now instead of taking a video, upload it to your social channels so you can broadcast the best song of the night in one easy step. (Free on iOS and Android)
8. StyleBook: Anytime you try to pack for one weekend, your bed ends up full of a month’s worth of clothing. Save yourself the time and effort by virtually planning every look with your own clothes. ($3.99 on iOS)
9. AroundMe: We certainly hope a hospital visit is not part of your festival weekend, but since anything can happen it’s a smart idea to know exactly where the closest one is. (Free on iOS and Android)
10. Charity Miles: This app gives you a reason to feel good about all of those miles you walk from one stage to another. Charity Miles enables you to earn corporate sponsorships for charity just by walking, running or biking. Talk about motivation. (Free on iOS and Android)
What are your favorite apps for festival season? Tell us in the comments!