19 Celebs Who Rock Messy Waves Right
This winter, we’re all about easy hairstyles that still look impeccably chic. Number one on that list is the messy wave. It looks gorgeous on everyone, and it’s def a look you can claim you just woke up with. We’re not the only ones in love with this ‘do. Celebs are rocking undone waves everywhere from the red carpet to the grocery store. Jump in on the trend and cut down on your morning get-ready time with these 19 celebs.
1. Karlie Kloss: Whether she’s busy tearing up the runway or baking some awesome, nutritious cookies, Karlie is one of our fave new style icons. Her tousled bob with a deep side part is the epitome of cool girl style. (via Time)
2. Blake Lively: We’re sure it’s no surprise to anyone that Blake’s on this list. She’s well on her way to piloting her own lifestyle empire and being mommy-to-be of the year, but we have to say it all started with our lady crush on Blake’s locks in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and Gossip Girl. (via Style Bistro)
3. Kiernan Shipka: It’s not even fair that a 15-year-old is so gorg with such enviable style. Where are her braces and glittery eyeshadow?! It’s safe to say that we’ll have our eye on Kiernan as she continues down her path to style stardom. (via Style Bistro)
6. Lily Collins: Remember when you were a kid and your mom would braid your hair wet before bed so you’d wake up to those crimpy waves that were so in? We’re envisioning Lily achieved this look through similar means. (via Style Bistro)
7. Ashley Benson: Ashley Benson maybe play girly-girl Hanna Marin on PLL, but off-screen, we love her edgy, rocker style. Obvi you’d pair a torn-up French tee and key necklace with messy waves. (via PopSugar Beauty)
8. Alexa Chung: It-girl Alexa has been wowing the fashion world with her messy bob and curtain bangs for quite some time now. We’re pretty sure we’ve attempted to emulate each of her signature looks, starting with this hairstyle. (via Average Jane’s Blog)
12. Leighton Meester: Leighton has done a lot of breakaway from her image as Blair Waldorf in recent years, starting with establishing her own style ethos. Blair may not be down with sombre waves and super lined eyes, but we’re glad Leighton is. (via Blogged Pores)
13. Taylor Swift: T Swift is impressing us lately. This rough chop with brushed out curls is the next step in her style evolution, and we’re almost as obsessed with it as we are obsessed with the video for “Blank Space.” (via Sam Villa)
14. Beyoncé: We know you’ve seen this look before, but come on. Only Bey can rock haute couture with such a lazy hairstyle and pull it off. It’s basically everything we aspire to. (via Jewels du Jour)
15. Anna Kendrick: When we’re not cracking up over her Twitter feed or trolling the web for deets on the forthcoming Into the Woods — actually, never mind, we’re always doing that. Anyway, she’s a comedic genius, she can sing + act and she’s got killer hair. (via Taaz)
17. Jennifer Aniston: Someday we’ll get over Jen’s perfect hair. Maybe. Meanwhile, we’ll blow our cash stash trying every product in her Living Proof line to try to achieve this luscious look. (via The Fashion Foot)
What style is going to transition you to winter? Are you ready to jump on the messy wave bandwagon? Share below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)