Summer may be coming to an end, but we can’t let it pass without one last bash for the books. Labor Day gives us the perfect excuse to throw down our best warm weather party knowledge. Whether you’re hosting a summer soirée of your own or just looking for a dish to bring to your bestie’s, these recipes won’t disappoint. Pick a party theme, crank the tunes, and gather up your nearest and dearest. It’s the unofficial end of summer and it’s time to partaaaaaay.
1. Mango Salsa: Sure, we’ve seen chips and salsa before, but there’s nothing like the homemade kind. This special version is loaded with strawberries, avocado, and, of course, plenty of mangoes. Serve with tortilla or baked pita chips. (via Foodiecrush)
2. Grilled Tomato Lollipop Toasts: If you plan on firing up the grill, consider this simple app. Fire roasted cherries meet ricotta-slathered grilled bread. Use the sweetest cherry tomatoes you can find. (via White on Rice)
4. Cantaloupe Panzanella: If you feel like being transported to Tuscany at your summer get-togethers, look no further than this gorgeous panzanella salad. Prosciutto, salami, tomatoes, and plenty of fresh herbs round out this not-so-basic side. (via Honestly Yum)
5. Herbed Red Potato Salad: Potato salad is always a crowd pleaser and pairs well with so many dishes. This version swaps mayo for a flavorful herb and olive oil dressing, helping it stand up to hot summer afternoons. (via Cookie + Kate)
6. Tomato Mozzarella Salad With Balsamic Reduction: This salad is suuuper simple to throw together, travels well, and makes for a showstopping side. Consider the balsamic reduction a new life skill — it’s delicious on everything from grilled peaches to ice cream. (via Little Broken)
8. Zucchini and Fresh Corn Farmers’ Market Salad With Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette: Hurray for no-cook sides! They’re fresh, delicious, and keep you from sweatin’ up a storm in the kitchen on warmer days. This one gets a flavor boost with goat cheese and pine nuts. (via Foodiecrush)
9. Garlic Brown Sugar Flank Steak With Chimichurri: If you’re looking for a steak recipe that’s also easy on the wallet, flank is your friend. This dish has an option for broiling the meat, so you can still get that cookout vibe even if you don’t own a grill. (via How Sweet It Is)
10. Sweet Tea Oven-Fried Chicken Sliders With Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Slaw and Crispy Onions: Where to begin with these sliders? If the name alone hasn’t convinced you, consider the fact that almost everything can be prepped in advance. (via Half Baked Harvest)
11. Easy Grilled Lemon Garlic Shrimp: Sometimes, the simplest recipes are the best ones. We think this is a perfect example. A buttery sauce of garlic, lemon, and herbs is all you need to transform juicy shrimp into a stunning entrée. (via Creme de la Crumb)
13. Slow Cooker Pineapple Pulled Pork Tacos: When temperatures soar, slow cookers are another great way to avoid slaving over a hot stove. Tacos are always a great choice for a crowd (hello DIY taco bar), and these get a special summery twist with a pineapple BBQ sauce. (via Gluten Free With L.B.)
14. Mixed Berry Slab Pie: If you feel like getting patriotic with your Labor Day Dessert, check out this slab pie. It’s festive and a perfect way to use all those beautiful berries you found at the farmers’ market. (via Wife Mama Foodie)
15. S’more Ice Cream Sandwiches: It’s hard to imagine a more iconic summer dessert than a s’more, except perhaps an ice cream sammie. We’re head over heels for this recipe, which combines the two. (via Paper & Stitch)
16. Spicy Cucumber Margaritas: This drink answers all of our summertime cravings. It’s refreshing, clean, and has just a little kick. Plus, there’s nothing that says fiesta like a little tequila. (via Gimme Some Oven)
Looking for more ways to live it up this summer? Follow us on Pinterest!