17 Easy Vegetarian Bento Box Lunch Recipes Anyone Can Make
Whether you’re a vegetarian or are just trying to find a new #meatlessmonday lunch, packing a well-balanced meal without the help of animal protein can be tricky. A bento-style lunch box is a great tool to ensure you’re giving your body a variety of different foods. Fill up each section and just make sure you have at least one veggie, fruit, protein and grain when you’re finished. You’ll be surprised how easy it actually is. Check out the 17 vegetarian bento box lunches below to get inspired.
2. Veggie Sushi: Just because you choose not to eat fish doesn’t mean you can’t get your sushi on. This veggie version features a cream cheese, cucumber and carrot filling that will make you wish you made more. (via Kid’s Kitchen)
3. Hummus Veggie Wraps: Spread your favorite hummus on a whole wheat tortilla and top with thin ribbons of carrot and a handful of spinach before slicing into rounds. This will quickly become a weekly staple. (via Oh My Veggies)
5. Mommy + Me Quesadillas: Plan a lunch date with your little one and watch them light up when they see their meal is just like Mommy’s. Make it fun and challenge them to a race to see who can eat their cucumber slices the fastest (and let them win, of course). (via Betty Crocker)
6. Summer Rolls and Asparagus Soba: To ensure that nothing goes to waste, these rolls are the perfect solution to all that produce sitting in your fridge just waiting to be used. (via Compassionate Fitness)
9. Pizza Buns: Block off a chunk of time over the weekend and make a big batch of bite-sized pizza rolls. Store them in the freezer in pairs and you’ll never go without lunch again. (via Simple As That)
10. Heart-y Pasta: Stick to the comfort-food flavors you love, like pasta with red sauce (fun shapes always help!) and strawberry + balsamic salad. Sometimes you just know what you like. (via Seeking Shade)
12. Hard-Boiled Egg and Caprese Salad: Hard-boiled eggs are a great lunch option since they’ll give you the punch of protein you need to make it through the day without making a pit stop at the vending machine. (via The World According to Egg Face)
13. Veggie Sandwich and Hummus: A provolone, spinach and tomato sandwich might be the star of the show here, but the hummus and veggies are the perfect crunchy sidekick. If you’re a habitual snacker, try cutting the vegetables a little smaller and you’ll feel like you’re eating more. (via Super Healthy Kids)
14. Apple Butter Sandwich: Test yourself and try putting a different color food in each compartment of your bento box to see what you can come up with. You just might be surprised at how many options you have. (via Wendolonia)
16. Burrito Bowl: Packing your lunch doesn’t mean you have to be stuck with a sandwich every day. A burrito bowl is easy to put together the night before and will have you counting down the minutes until break time. (via Beneficial Bento)
Will you try any of these vegetarian bento box ideas? Do you have your own favorite we should try? We’d love to talk to you!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)