5 SPF Options for How You’re Living Your Life
Unless you’ve been living under a rock with zero access to beauty blogs, you probably already know you ought to be wearing sun protection daily (even in winter!). As summer gets closer, it’s even more essential, but finding the right sunscreen can be such a pain. There’s mineral vs. chemical, varied recommendations on how often to reapply… so many choices! So we did our research, and came up with this list of the best sunscreens and SPF-loaded products to cover your major everyday sun protection needs in these hot months.
1. Aveeno Absolutely Ageless Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 ($20): You may have graduated from the cubicle pool to your own office, but the downside is those boss-lady windows are exposing you to UV rays throughout the day — which is even longer in summer. This daily moisturizer with SPF from Aveeno is lightweight, makes a great base for makeup and is super hydrating all the way through even the longest workdays.
For When You Have to Go Out, But You Just Can’t Even
2. bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream SPF 30 ($30): On those hot days when you have to run errands or meet friends even though you’d rather be home binge-watching Gilmore Girls in front of the AC, simplify your whole getting-out-the-door routine with a BB, CC and moisturizer all rolled into one. This bareMinerals gel cream is great because it’s SPF 30 (which is higher protection than most BBs and CCs on the market have to offer) and comes in a crazy-wide range of shades for every skin tone.
For When You Score That Sweet Invite to the Beach
3. Clarins Sunscreen Care Milk-Lotion Spray SPF 50 ($36): Sunscreen at the beach should be a total no-brainer, but when you’re faced with the risk of dealing with that gross, sticky-sandy feeling, you might be tempted to skip it. Enter this Clarins formula: So luxurious and easy to put on (just spray!), you might find yourself finding excuses to reapply long before the recommended two-hour mark.
For When Things Get REALLY Sweaty
4. Sport Luxe Face & Body Cream SPF 30 ($16): One of the best parts about summer? Outdoor workouts. One of the worst? Workout sweat is even more intense in the heat. Sport Luxe is a great sweat-proof mineral sunscreen option, and it’s strong enough for all-over body coverage while also being gentle enough for sensitive facial skin.
For When You Need to Reapply, But You Don’t Want to Ruin Your Makeup
5. Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral Powder SPF 45 ($30): When it’s hot out, everybody’s oily, so you’ll probably need a good setting powder this summer anyway. Bonus: The brush is included in the packaging!
Do you already have the sunscreen game on lock? Tweet your suggestions to us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.