17 of the Best Holiday Cards for Every Occasion
It’s that time of year again, ladies and gentlemen: The holiday season is in full swing. From dinner parties and family hangs to white elephant gift exchanges and office parties, there’s so much fun to be had between now and the new year. But along with that fun comes the hunt for the right holiday gifts and nailing the perfect NYE dress. But never fear — we’ve got you covered in one universal aspect of the holidays: card giving. Scroll on for 17 holiday cards for every occasion.
1. Baby It’s Cold Outside Card ($18): More sentimental holiday words have never been spoken. Share a little Bing Crosby with someone special through this adorably illustrated holiday card.
2. Spinning Dreidel Card Set ($20): This set of five cards is one of the most adorable things around. No need to limit this card to your Hanukkah-celebrating friends and family — anyone who’s a fan of 80’s music will appreciate the cheeky sentiment it delivers.
3. Holiday Envelope Stickers ($3): If you’ve ever sent out a batch of cards, the envelope-licking process can be a slight form of torture, not to mention that opening them is kind of yucky too. No thank you. Spare everyone the effort and add some super cute style to your cards and any other mail you send out during the holidays (festive rent checks, anyone?) with this set of 12 envelope stickers.
4. Gold Foil Card Set ($25): This set of six cards has got it going on: gold foil, spectacular design and classic holiday sentiments. These cards are the kind that stay on the fireplace mantel or pinned to the fridge for the remainder of the season because they’re so gosh darn pretty.
5. Goodbye Self-Control Card ($5): Holler. When the holidays roll around and you’re at home and surrounded by all the goodies from your childhood, there’s no sense in holding back. Celebrate enjoying, indulging and getting a little sugar high with this card.
6. Happy Take-Out Card ($5): Because sometimes Christmas means nothing more than some yummy take-out from your go-to Chinese place around the corner. This card celebrates the undeniable pleasure that is egg rolls on Christmas. Heck, top off the night with a good ol’ Netflix marathon and you’ve got a truly relaxing and indulgent holiday fit for a queen.
7. Ryan Gosling Card ($5): Hello there, Ryan Gosling! Yes, please sir, do join in our Christmas festivities with your endless stream of wise and on-point feminist sentiments. Is there a girl in the world who won’t appreciate this amazing holiday spin on the Ryan Gosling meme? We don’t think so.
8. Ho Hos Card Set ($20): Who said ho hos can’t dance?! This set of five cards is sure to get a laugh out of even the Grinchiest holiday humbugs. The inside flap contains two simple and lovely words: “Happy holidays.”
9. Home Alone Card ($5): Home Alone basically spells Christmas if you were a kid in the ’90s. The card is a nod to possibly the best scene in the series, as well as what everyone can universally agree is Macaulay Culkin’s greatest cinematic achievement.
10. Light Up the Tree Card ($5): Because lol, why not, right? This tongue-in-cheek card is perfect for your wry co-worker, your weird uncle, your less-than-enthusiastic sister and everyone in between.
11. Light Up the Menorah Card ($5): If those feisty people in your life are more into Menorahs than Christmas trees, this card has got them covered. This sentiment is a winning zinger across the board and should be enjoyed by everyone.
12. Misspelled Hanukkah Card ($5): It ain’t easy to get it right, and that’s a-OK — you’re trying, and that’s all that matters. It’s the sentiment, not the spelling, that’s important.
13. Christmas Lights Card Set ($18): This set of eight cards spreads holiday cheer to those near and far during the most wonderful time of the year. Send this one to your dad to thank him for all the work he’s done untangling and stringing up Christmas lights every year in the freezing cold.
14. Custom State Address Stamp ($60): Forget hand-writing your address every time or having to settle for less-than-pretty address labels. This custom stamp not only makes the process easier, but adds tons of whimsical style in one fell swoop of a stamp.
15. ‘Tis the Season for Alcohol Card Set ($18): Let’s get real: One of the best things about the holidays is the seasonal beverages. Not only is this set of eight cards great for holiday greetings, but it’s also perfect for sending out holiday party invites too.
16. ‘Tis the Season for Ugly Sweaters Card ($5): If it’s the season for Christmas, it’s the season for Christmas’s weird cousin, the Ugly Christmas Sweater. Again, this card makes for a cheeky greeting card or an awesome party invite. If you’re gearing up to host an ugly sweater party, this invite sets the vibe right from the beginning.
17. All I Want for Christmas Card ($5): Silly us! We thought Mariah Carey’s cover of this song was the pinnacle of awesomeness. Boy, were we wrong — this card takes it to another level of rad. Share it with someone you love.
Which of the super cute holiday cards is going to share your sentiments this season? Let us know in the comments below!