Navigating Etsy is a challenge. There are so many incredible folks out there making gorgeous accessories, scouring flea markets and the web for tough-to-find vintage goods, and an endless supply of items you can customize for special events, birthdays, and weddings.
That's why we at Brit & Co. have decided to make your Etsy journey a little easier. Every few weeks, we'll handpick a board of items around a central theme, concept, holiday, or color. This time, our sights are set on the beach.
1. Geometric Arrow Necklace ($16): This angular piece gets its nautical triangle pattern from a scrap of vintage fabric. Each piece is handmade using wood, pleather trim, and a chain. We're totally inspired by this upcycled piece.
2. Neon Stripe Backpack ($52): When in doubt, color block. Or better yet, neon color block! This can easily carry all of your beach essentials and is easy to spot if you're meeting up with friends.
3. Vintage Liz Claiborne Wide Brim Hat ($30): The big beach hat is a summer must-have and we love the femininity of this Vintage Liz Claiborne number. And yes, your mom, aunt, or grandma probably had one just like it.
4. Boat Pond Race Silk Scarf ($50): As the sun sets and it gets a little chilly, warm up your neck with this sailboat scarf. We love the muted tones and feeling of wanderlust it gives us.
5. Pelican Planter ($36): Bring a piece of the beach home with this pelican planter. Great for succulents, collecting sea glass, or even a little hermit crab!
6. Crab Pillow ($18): Speaking of crabs, how often do you find yourself trying to form a makeshift pillow so you can read at the beach? Bring this little darling along and make your beach day a little bit cozier.
7. Amber Sea Glass Earrings ($28): Wearing sea glass means you have a better chance of finding sea glass… right? We think so. These amber earrings will complement just about any sunset.
8. Beach Blanket ($32): The torn up tapestry and old bath towel isn't doing the trick anymore. Get a real beach blanket and call it a day.
9. Retro Water Cooler ($15): Most important rule of spending the day in the sun? Stay hydrated! This water jug needs a little TLC by way of your hardware store, but is a great vintage piece to add to your collection.
10. Cast Iron Mermaid Bottle Opener ($16): What fun is staying hydrated if you don't get a little dehydrated too? Keep those Corona's flowing with help from these bathing beauties.
11. Yellow and Antique Bronze Wrap Bracelet ($45): Wrap bracelets are popping up all over the place, and Etsy's got a whole variety of handmade loveliness.
12. Retro Sunglasses ($23): Vintage glasses from Soviet Russia. What more do you need to know?
How do you wade through the awesomeness that is Etsy? Looking for something specific and need a helping hand? Perhaps you've got an Etsy shop that's packed to the brim with stuff we'll love? Leave us a note in the comments below or send us a shout on Twitter or Facebook.