The Best Way to Organize Digital Photos (+ 5 DIY Ways to Use All Your Pics!)
Pick up your phone. Open up the camera roll. Now, tell us how many photos you’ve got in there. My number is 5,829 — and I got this phone in May. It would be an understatement to say we (read: I) have a photo addiction. The thing is, I’m pretty bad at uploading, organizing and sharing my photos aside from a few squares on Instagram. That’s probably why we’re so excited about a brand new partner of ours: Bevy, a brand new way to manage your… bevy of photos!
This mini computer of awesomeness makes it easy to collect, organize, protect and share your photos with friends and family. In fact, Bevy was designed with families in mind. You can set it up in a matter of seconds, and family members and friends of all ages can easily use it. With Intel Inside technology, all you need to do is start it up, install the app and connect it to your home’s wifi network. Then, it’s time to start uploading! You can upload wirelessly from smartphones or tablets or copy files from your computer using the Bevy desktop app. And, because Bevy knows that you need all the peace of mind you can get, you can also sign up for their secure cloud backup service.
It’s not only convenient — it’s smart too. It will organize your photos by date, location and person automatically so that you can create albums based on events and batches of photos. You can tag your photos and save favorites that you like to reference. Oh, and back to the family aspect: Your entire family can access your photo system and add their own! You can share privately with your family (or a group of close friends) so that you can all check out each other’s photos without having to create a bazillion albums online. Using an HDMI cable, you can check out all your fave photos on your TV. You can learn more about Bevy right here. Orders start shipping on October 13th!
But wait, there’s more! If you use promo code REMAKE2015 when you order, you’ll get $50 off the sale price of $299 for a 1 TB Bevy and $349 for a 2 TB Bevy.
If you’re going to be in San Francisco on September 12, you can also check out Bevy in person at Re:Make! In addition to oohing and ahhing over this sexy system, you can also take a few snaps in front of their awesome artist-commissioned backdrop as well as lounge in some cozy chairs while you Instagram the day away ;)
Okay, now that you know all about how to keep your photos organized, here are five ways to use those snaps after you store ‘em!
1. Three Ways to Make Photo Garlands: Create an entire photo album on a string! We’ve got three different ways for you to turn your digital photos into real-life decorations for your home. These would be awesome to make for a birthday party, wedding or the holidays. Or, you know, just because you want your friends’ faces all over your home ;)
2. DIY Photo Candles: How cool are these? If you print your digital photos on tissue paper, you can transfer them onto candles!
3. Make Your Own Flipbook: Tend to take lots of the same photo in a row? Time for the IRL version of an animated gif — the flipbook.
4. Turn Photos into Cozies: If you’ve got a party, camping trip or even a wedding coming up, you should probably make some photo cozies. Go silly and put your friends’ and family members’ faces on them, or go artsy and use gorgeous photos of landscapes, patterns and all those Insta-worthy sunsets.
5. Embroidered Photo Pillows: Looking for an awesome custom gift? Print a photo on iron-on transfer paper, then make a pillow out of it! What takes these pillows to the next level is the embroidery though — such a cool way to customize even further.
What creative ways have you used your digital photos? Tell us in the comments below.
This post is a collaboration with Bevy.