There are a lot of logistics that go along with your new role as bride-to-be (seating charts, paying vendors, choosing bomb bridesmaid dresses that are budget friendly… phew), but there are just as many fabulous fashion opportunities that must, of course, be seized. There are the engagement photos, bachelorette party and rehearsal dinner, and don’t forget the bridal shower — if you’ve been dying to show off your sartorial prowess, the lead up to “I do” is the perfect time. But not just any old #OOTD, or little white dress for that matter, will work. A rad romper, on the other hand? Straight-up gold. Beyond their fashion-forward factor, they’re incredibly effortless — and we know how you love a good one-and-done look. Read on for 15 jaw-dropping designs that will set your style apart at your bridal shower and beyond.
1. C/meo Collective This Way Playsuit ($190): Give your girls a taste of the show-stopping bridal fashion to come with this OMG-worthy jumpsuit that warrants more than a few oohs and ahhs. Team it with leather mules, sleek tresses and a bold red lip for a striking look that reads modern muse.
2. Reformation Frankie Romper ($178): Short, sweet and summery — this off-the-shoulder stunner was made for schmoozing (Champagne in hand) on an outdoor terrace overlooking the water. Defy tradition and don a pale pink romper that would look ah-mazing styled alongside embellished block heels and a carefully coiffed topknot. Dainty necklaces and embroidered clutches are highly encouraged.
3. Zara Crossover Jumpsuit Dress ($40): Dress in the front; romper in the back — this contemporary cutout number has cool girl written all over it. Whether you’re celebrating at a rooftop soiree or a laid-back beachfront party, this fabulous fusion piece won’t disappoint. Pair it with metallic slides and a perfectly applied cat eye and you’re good to go.
4. Karina Grimaldi Pia Romper ($261): Nothing says bridal like lace — even when it’s a lovely shade of lavender. Flip the script on pre-aisle style by enlisting this ladylike number and an enviable arm party for afternoon tea or an intimate garden affair.
5. Antik Batik Ryta Romper ($205): Bridal showers can be pretty stuffy and traditional, but your avant “I do” getup is anything but. Flowery chiffon and a breezy silhouette come together for a killer piece that will easily make classically cringeworthy activities feel like a treat. Just add lace-up kicks and au naturale makeup for an enviable ensemble that comes together in seconds.
6. Free People Shake It Off Playsuit ($290): One word: obsessed. This off-the-shoulder playsuit brings the wow factor in every way imaginable with its dramatic neckline, feminine floral appliqués and subtle cutouts that are guaranteed to keep all eyes on you. Perfect for a waterfront luncheon or vineyard visit, it would pair well with gilded gladiators and sophisticated drop earrings.
7. Miss Selfridge Cream Invert Pleat Playsuit ($80): A little bit classic and a whole lot chic, this popover playsuit is a bride-to-be’s dream. Whether you keep it clean with bare arms or jazz things up with an arsenal of ultra bright accessories, you really can’t go wrong.
8. Tibi Mariko Cutout Cotton-Blend Playsuit ($220): Keep it classy (without giving up those sassy style sensibilities) with a crossover romper that was practically made for a nautical fête or a cruise along the bay. Play up the seaside theme with flirty espadrille wedges and a dainty knot ring.
9. Nasty Gal You Frill Me Plunging Jumpsuit ($58): Making a mean argument to ditch the traditional bridal shower dress, this ruffle-tastic romper is ready to set your nuptial style apart. With rose gold heels and romantic waves in tow, you’ll be ready to slay.
10. Whistles Clementine Circle Lace Romper ($370): Pull out all the stops for your pre-wedding fete with a preppy lace romper that feels far from prissy. Pair with bright block heels and a quirky clutch for a look that screams ready to partay.
11. Missguided Ladder Stitch Lace Romper ($93): Bohemian babes, this one’s for you! Be it a glamping adventure or a gorgeous backyard bash, this stitch lace romper has your back. Team it with a flower crown and layered necklaces for a casually cool look that’s downright DDG.
12. Finders Keepers the Label The Logic Romper ($145): Made with the minimalist in mind, this structured one-and-done number isn’t messing around. Bust this one out for a downtown affair or whenever you’re looking to rack up the style points.
13. Alice McCall Never Ever Playsuit Firefly ($360): Forgo the all-white attire (you don’t do monochromatic) in favor of a next-level romper with a bit of botanical flair, then proceed to take it there with swingy tassel earrings and statement steppers any It girl would gush over.
14. Ann Taylor Linen Blend Safari Romper ($139): We’re diggin’ this polished piece for so many reasons. Beyond its classy-lady appeal that will land you in most-stylish-bride-ever territory, this streamlined number is prime casual Friday attire — just add bright fringe sandals and statement studs for a down-to-business look with endless ‘tude.
15. C/meo Collective Changes Playsuit ($200): Hey there, gorgeous. Cascading ruffles, super subtle stripes and a rad high neckline make for a soon-to-be-wed ensemble that’ll go down in history. Knock ’em dead with a set of show-stopping shoes, architectural drop earrings and a nude pout.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.