Healthier Eating: 15 Ways to Cook with Carrots
One of the most versatile veggies out there, carrots are terrific in everything from cake to juice. Here we’ve collected 15 creative — and colorful — recipes that put this remarkable root front and center. Let’s get cooking!
1. Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting: Topped with a plume of frosting, carrot cake has never looked so good. (via A Happy Food Dance)
2. Carrot Pappardelle with a Middle Eastern Twist (Raw, Vegan): Ribbons of carrot create a faux pasta that’ll leave you feeling satisfied and anything but sinful. (via Sprouting an Old Soul)
3. Slow Roasted Carrots with Lentils, Nuts, and Goat Cheese: Enjoy this hearty salad as a main course or side for a wintery roast. (via A Tasty Love Story)
8. Roasted Carrot Leek Soup: Swap carrots for potatoes in a loaded baked potato soup and this is what you get. So. Pretty. (via Family Fresh Cooking)
12. Carrot and Wasabi Ranch Dressing (Vegan, Gluten-free): Top your next salad or homemade sushi rolls with this sweet, spicy, and creamy dressing.(via No Whey No Cow)
Are carrots a staple in your fridge or are they relegated to the snowman’s schnoz? Let us know your fave ways to showcase them in the comments!