Richer than sour cream but with a similarly tangy profile, crème fraîche is one of those ingredients you buy for a single recipe, then can’t figure out how to use up. But it’s not as hard to incorporate into your meals as you may think. Add a dollop on top of your fruit crisps, swirl it into spicy soups, or include in your favorite ice cream recipe to bring a new complexity to the flavors there. You can also just substitute it where you would normally use sour cream. These 15 recipes will ensure that you never let that tub of crème fraîche go to waste again.
1. Sweet Potato Soup With Nutmeg Crème Fraîche: Silky sweet potato soup is the type of meal that warms you from the inside out. Top it with a dollop of cool, nutmeg-spiced crème fraîche for an added rich flavor. (via Flirting With Flavor)
2. Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breast: This one-dish meal seems fancy, but it only takes five ingredients to put it together. The best part is the creamy sauce that’s made right in the pan before serving. (via Green Healthy Cooking)
3. Savory German Onion Tart: Buttery and rich, this savory onion and bacon tart can be served at brunch, lunch, or dinner. Just pair it with a peppery arugula salad and dry glass of white wine, and you’ll feel like you’re dining in Europe. (via Foodal)
4. Salmon, Asparagus, and Spinach White Pizza: How do you keep a pizza from tasting dry when you don’t use marinara sauce? Just add crème fraîche and plenty of fresh mozzarella! (via The Cooking Spoon)
6. Crème Fraîche Vanilla Ice Cream: The subtle tang of crème fraîche makes ice cream even more appealing. It keeps things from tasting too sweet, and lets the flavor of the vanilla bean shine. (via Baking Sense)
8. Spring Vegetable Risotto With Creamy Pesto: Crisp-tender vegetables are the perfect textural counterpoint to the luscious risotto in this recipe. Pesto, enriched with crème fraîche, tops off your plate. (via Kitchen Sanctuary)
9. Moldovan Chicken in Cream Sauce: Simple chicken can be made into an elegant meal with the right sauce. This one is ultra smooth and creamy, and topped with parsley and dill for a hint of fresh flavor. (via Where Is My Spoon)
10. Easy Roasted Tomato and Garlic Soup: Canned tomatoes can taste just as good as fresh, especially after they’re roasted in the oven and start to caramelize. Blend them with roasted garlic into a smooth soup you’ll want to drink from the bowl. (via My Little Larder)
13. Crispy Potato Bites: Topped with pancetta and chives, these little potato hors d’oeuvres are like a refined, miniaturized version of a loaded spud. A dollop of crème fraîche adds a cool creaminess that pops in your mouth when you take a bite. (via Just a Little Bit of Bacon)
14. Strawberry and Crème Fraîche Parfaits: This easy homemade strawberry sauce is a building block for making other desserts. Use it in parfaits, spoon over pound cake, or use as a topping for homemade ice cream. (via Jill Hough)
15. Pancakes With Smoked Trout and Crème Fraîche: Savory pancakes are a fun way to switch up your usual brunch routine. With the addition of salmon and crème fraîche, they become a viable dinner option too. (via Foodie Story)
For more recipes that help you use up the interesting ingredients in your fridge, follow us on Pinterest.