11 Celeb-Inspired Ways to Celebrate Your BFFs This Weekend
As most of you know by now, our beloved Parks and Recreation is soon coming to an end. With this in mind, we took some time to think about all the wonderful things we’ve gained from the series. For one, we’ve gained a role model in Leslie Knope, but we’ve also learned a lot about love and life from her best friend, Ann Perkins. These two ladies are just so special, as is one of their favorite traditions — Galentine’s Day. “Ovaries before brovaries,” right? And we aren’t the only ones who’ve caught on to this holiday. Here are 11 fantastic, celeb-inspired ways to celebrate your gal pals this Galentine’s Day.
1. Taco Night: Lorde has made so many appearances on Taylor Swift‘s Instagram that we’ve come to the conclusion that they’re pretty much inseparable. This is one of our favorite snaps, because we’re always on board with bonding over food. (via Brit + Co, photo via @lordemusic)
2. Sweater Shopping ($38): People are always talking about Mindy and BJ, but what about Mindy and her best gal, Ellie? These two pull off patterned sweaters like no others, as will you and your friends. It’s sweater shopping time! (photo via Kevin Winter/Getty)
3. Braiding Party: Nina Dobrev and Julianne Hough took a cue from their hair stylist BFF Riawna Capri and scheduled braiding time on their fab beach trip. While it might be a bit cold to hang at the beach, it’s never too chilly for a good makeover party. (via Barefoot Blonde, photo via @juleshough)
4. DIY Nutmeg, Honey + Milk Mask: Speaking of makeover, Jennifer Lopez and Leah Remini are practically glowing in this picture, and we’re assuming it’s because of some amazing skincare routines. Spa night, anyone? (via Huda Beauty, photo via @jlo)
5. #GoldRush Party: Last summer, Brit + Co went glam when we had our first official gold week. Metallics are always a good party theme, and you don’t have to be a supermodel to rock that photo booth (although Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss’ model status is definitely the goal). (via Brit + Co, photo via @iamnaomicampbell)
6. Last-Minute Awards Show Party: Amy Poehler and Tina Fey have hosted the Golden Globes so many times that it’s practically tradition. We’ve got some excellent ways for you to take a cue from the real-life Leslie Knope and throw one of the best awards show party that anyone has ever been to. (via Brit + Co, photo via Paul Drinkwater/Getty)
7. DIY Flower Crowns: It’s no secret that we have a special place in our hearts for flower crowns here at Brit + Co, so we’re pumped that Lena Dunham and T-Swift agree. Just check out how easy they are to make! (via Lauren Conrad, photo via @lenadunham)
8. T-Shirt Shopping ($35): Mae Whitman and her fashion-designer BFF Rachel Antonoff are a pretty stylin’ duo, partly due to their sassy tees. Our Galentine’s Day pick for them involves pizza, and it just doesn’t get any better than that. (photo via Nasty Gal)
9. Dress Up for a Play: It makes us so happy that the cast of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants still hangs out together, especially when they’re supportive of each others’ careers. Blake Lively, Amber Tamblyn and Alexis Bledel headed to good friend America Ferrera’s play, which would be a fun thing for you to do with your friends too. And you even get to dress up! (via Darling Magazine, photo via @amberrosetamblyn)
11. Homemade Marshmallow Making: And finally, we’ve got one more cooking adventure, but this time, we’re starting with dessert! Drew Barrymore, Reese Witherspoon and Cameron Diaz make convincing chefs in this Insta. (via Brit + Co, photo via @lesliefremar)
How will you be spending your Galentine’s Day? Let us know in the comments below!